New taekwondo club for beginners in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 20 October 2012 1.53pm
Hi all,

Just a quick post to let you know about a taekwondo club we're starting in SE1. We're part of the Traditional Taekwondo Association (TTA) and train in the WTF style (the same as the Olympics). The TTA focuses on good core technique and a balance of training across fitness, self-discipline, patterns and sparring (which you'll build up to over time).

Lessons will be on Sunday mornings at Soho Gym, Borough, between 10.30 and 11.30am, starting this week. Your first two sessions are free, and then it's 10 a session, or you can block book in advance for a discount.

We're part of the London TTA club, where we both train regularly, and you can read more about the club and our instructors on our website at www.taekwondo-london.co.uk. (Information about this new club isn't there yet.)

If you're interested in coming along, or have any questions, please get in touch by emailing sarah@taekwondo-london.co.uk

We look forward to seeing you at training!

Sarah Garrett and Jemima Kingsley

p.s. For now, the club is just for adults. Please let us know, though, if you have kids and would be interested in a club for kids.
Tuesday 23 April 2013 2.46pm
This taekwondo club has now moved to the Downside Fisher Centre, Druid Street, SE1 2EZ.

We welcome both adults and children, on Sunday mornings at 10.30-11.30am.

This Sunday, 28th April, we will hold a special FREE session for new beginners, do come along and try it. We will hold these sessions regularly every few months, please do check our website for the latest info:

www.taekwondo-london.co.uk/southwark/

Thanks,

Sarah Garrett (Taekwondo Instructor)
Wednesday 2 September 2015 10.57am
Just to update the details in this thread, this taekwondo club now has classes on Saturdays, not Sundays, 10-11am. It has moved to the main Sports Hall at Downside Fisher.

Thanks,
Sarah
Monday 20 June 2016 10.46am
Just to let everyone know we're now expanding to a second taekwondo session a week in Southwark at City of London Acadamy on Thursdays. Our classes are now:

Thursday evenings
Venue: Dance studio at the City of London Academy (Southwark)
6pm-7pm: Children, all grades
7pm-8pm: Adults, all grades

Saturday mornings
Venue: Sports hall at the Downside Fisher Centre (Southwark)
10am-11am: All ages, all grades (full club training)
11am-12pm: All ages, intermediate & senior grades

Full details on our website: http://www.taekwondo-london.co.uk/southwark/

Thanks!
Monday 20 June 2016 12.50pm
sorry , not totally relevant

but did remind me of coming home one day years ago , to find my bull terrier had chewed / mauled / destroyed my flat mates taekwondo pads lol

he had a major sense of humor failure :)
Monday 20 June 2016 1.37pm
heh! Reminds me of the time a student turned up with a totally pink dobok (uniform). They'd washed it with one red sock. Not a good look!
Monday 20 June 2016 3.08pm
i did similar with a female house mates bra's

she used some very un lady like language when her bras came out pink :)

and do you have to do this to get your white belt ?

https://youtu.be/1ZLN9AzxVa8
Monday 20 June 2016 3.12pm
I could watch those videos all day :-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: