Pony and trap

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 21 October 2012 12.43pm
was amazed to see a little pony and trap/gig thingy hurtling down new kent road this morning, middle aged guy with a whip and a young lad in workmans orange vest. The pony as gallantly trotting as fast as he could while moronic driver went on flyover and drivers behind the trap were trying to overtake it!

just wondered if there are traffic restrictions on ponies going on flyover? seemed hazardous to me and the lad and pony could have come to harm.
Zoe
Sunday 21 October 2012 2.08pm
It may never have occurred to TFL to prevent pony and traps from going on the overpass. I think we should ask them to fit a cattle grid.
Sunday 21 October 2012 2.16pm
Quite Right Zoe! lol
Sunday 21 October 2012 3.13pm
Sunday 21 October 2012 3.30pm
...but the law seems to be that horses can be driven or ridden along ANY road except a Motorway - and the Highway Code makes it clear motorists should pass them slowly and give them plenty of room. I hope the motorists on the flyover were doing that!

There's a discussion at
http://www.newrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177300

Anyway, good luck to anyone driving a pony and trap down the New Kent Road - anything that slows the motorists down has my support.

By the way, with regard to discussion on another topic, you mustn't ride a horse on the pavement.
Sunday 21 October 2012 3.49pm
John C wrote:
By the way, with regard to discussion on another topic, you mustn't ride a horse on the pavement.
Oh, I don't know, apparently horses don't trample on people...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: