Lack of Southwark Street Cash Dispensers?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 22 October 2012 12.06pm
Did I miss a cash dispenser anywhere between the Blue Fin Building and the Santander / Nat West by Borough Market. It's quite a trek and with all the new shops, hotels and offices along there I'm sure there must be a demand for a cash point. In fact, is there a machine anywhere along Southwark / Stamford Street west of Blue Fin? The only one I can think of near there is at the PO in Blackfriars Bridge Road.
Monday 22 October 2012 12.10pm
Mark Roelofsen wrote:
Did I miss a cash dispenser anywhere between the Blue Fin Building and the Santander / Nat West by Borough Market. It's quite a trek and with all the new shops, hotels and offices along there I'm sure there must be a demand for a cash point. In fact, is there a machine anywhere along Southwark / Stamford Street west of Blue Fin? The only one I can think of near there is at the PO in Blackfriars Bridge Road.
There is one at the Shell petrol station on SBR.

There is one attached to the offy on Flatiron Square as well, but it charges, whereas I think the one by the Shell is Santander as well and free.
Monday 22 October 2012 12.14pm
There's one by the Tesco express on Great Sufolk Street, just across from the Blue Fin Building too.
Monday 22 October 2012 12.18pm
Modman wrote:
There's one by the Tesco express on Great Sufolk Street, just across from the Blue Fin Building too.
Oh that's right, I forgot about that one! Also, you can get cashback at M&S.
Monday 22 October 2012 12.24pm
There's also the HSBC machine in New Globe Walk.

At one point there was also a fee-free cash machine in the turbine hall at Tate Modern but I'm not sure if it's still there.

Mark mentions Stamford Street, where there is an HSBC at Milroy Walk / King's Reach Tower.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 22 October 2012 12.33pm
Wasn't it planned that a Nat West was moving into one of the still empty units with mention of a cash machine? History of course, but it would have made sense.
Monday 22 October 2012 12.36pm
Yes, NatWest was going to go into the unit at the corner of Bankside 2, across the piazza from M&S.

I have heard rumours that RBS/NatWest continue to pay the rent on that empty unit, and may still eventually open a branch there.

(Inside the building there are banking facilities for their own staff.)

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 29 October 2012 3.13pm
Thanks for everyone's contributions.
Monday 29 October 2012 4.17pm
There is a dirth between London Bridge and elephant though? The garage one on SBR was my secret- not anymore though!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: