SE16 community website

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 23 October 2012 9.47am
I have recently moved to Rotherhithe and have been looking for a similar site to the SE1 website which I have found interesting and useful. There is an events site for SE16 but no community forum. Wondering if anybody else living in SE16 is interested in setting one up?
Tuesday 23 October 2012 9.50am
A few people have asked to add a forum to SE16.com and we will probably do so at some point.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 23 October 2012 1.42pm
Hi James - that's good news. Any idea what 'at some point' means/depends on?
Thursday 25 October 2012 6.24pm
Hi James - not sure how to get your attention for response to my last post? Figuratively jumping up and down with my hand up...........
Monday 29 October 2012 12.08pm
No definite timescale. Maybe this side of Christmas?

We are about to migrate all our websites to a new server, so probably wise not to set up anything new till that project is done and dusted.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 31 October 2012 5.10pm
Oh good. I live on the cusp one end is se1 other where I am se16. Thanks for the update
Thursday 27 December 2012 8.18pm
Hi James Any news re the proposed Se16 Forum site? Eagerly looking forward to its launching along with many others . Happy ,Peacefull New Year to you and all the staff on Se1 Community
Thursday 27 December 2012 8.38pm
I'm afraid this thread is historically typical of tight fisted se16ers expecting us se1ers to organise and pay for everything,i say let them go without like they had to with the omission of the St George the Martyr clock facing Bermondsey,they wouldn't contribute so they got no clock,til later years. (;
Friday 28 December 2012 9.58am
Boroughonian - Happy New Year Year to you too! Wouldn't have been too hard for you to look back to the first post on this thread but here it is - as you will see I wasn't asking for anything from people in SE1, although I lived in SE1 until recently and we are all in Southwark!

This is what I wrote:
'I have recently moved to Rotherhithe and have been looking for a similar site to the SE1 website which I have found interesting and useful. There is an events site for SE16 but no community forum. Wondering if anybody else living in SE16 is interested in setting one up?'

Must be awful being so miserable - my heart goes out to you.
Friday 28 December 2012 10.55am
It was a joke with a hint of local history.

I thought the smiley wink would of given it away.

When St George the Martyr church was being built the Borough parish ran out of money,so they asked their counterparts in Bermondsey if they would like to donate and was promptly told where to go,for this reason the Borough decided to have three sides, of the four sided tower,with clocks,leaving out the side facing down Long Lane and towards Bermondsey.
It's been a standing joke for years and years between the Borough and Bermondsey.

Miserable ha,I think I might of been too merry.(:

PS:as a matter of interest,do you not like the existing Bermondsey forum?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: