2750.00 to install boiler

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 26 October 2012 1.25pm
just wanna know if 2750.00 to remove old and install a new 30SI Worcester Bosch, is the price reasonable? Thanks
Friday 26 October 2012 1.52pm
30SI Worcester Bosch boiler are around 1000 so 1750 for labour bit much if you ask me. Get 2 more quotes and pick the one your most comfortable with. Often not the cheapest. Make sure installer is GasSafe registered as well
http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/
Friday 26 October 2012 3.06pm
Pricewise seems quite hefty to me.

I used Steve Bryant for some gas work earlier this year. I found Steve efficent, friendly and very reasonable priced. I recommend him highly.

His number is 07734 051303

Regards
Alex.
Friday 26 October 2012 3.44pm
Hi,

Try giving Lawrence Bristow of Bristow Maintenance a call, I know him and I expect he would give you a more competitive quote. His number - 07866-557-769
Friday 26 October 2012 3.47pm
Outrageous!! Dont dare pay that much!
Friday 26 October 2012 3.47pm
Aiberdeenloon wrote:
Pricewise seems quite hefty to me.
I used Steve Bryant for some gas work earlier this year. I found Steve efficent, friendly and very reasonable priced. I recommend him highly.

His number is 07734 051303

Regards
Alex.

Seconded on all points.
Friday 26 October 2012 3.53pm
Another option although not all gas fitters like people doing this. Buy the boiler yourself and ask them to fit it. Most add 20% to the actual price of the boiler before fitting.
Friday 26 October 2012 4.32pm
thank you all of your advice, i think that is crazily expensive too. in fact, i am not locate in london myself, and i have the property rent out via agent, and rely on the agent for the management, but found that the agent always have very expensive quote for everything. and i think this 2750 to install a new boiler seems crazy to me, and i have found online several plumbers and ask him to arrange for more quote, but instead he came back with some other company's quote with 3100, not those i found, so that this 2750 became the cheapest and most reasonable price.
as i am out of london, i have no idea of how much it would cost to remove and old one and reinstall a new one. but that price is almost i can have 4 done in my home town!
Friday 26 October 2012 11.07pm
Maybe you should look for a new agent. This one does not sound good.
Saturday 27 October 2012 1.22am
Hi, British Gas have just quoted about that for a new boiler but they have a trade in offer at the moment giving you cash back so may be worth looking at that. Couple of things to ensure they are including in the price whoever you get to do the work:

Your system will need a powerflush before the new boiler is installed, requirement for fitting new boilers to clear all the scale out of the pipes

If the boiler is not on an external wall they must install access hatches to any enclosed flue to ensure the flue can be checked. There is new legislation coming in on 1st January that means if you have an enclosed flue and no hatches a gas engineer will need to put your boiler "at risk" and possibly disconnect it. Your agent should advise you on this but it's legislation for all households not just rented properties.

Hope that helps.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: