London Bridge station development nightmare

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 29 October 2012 8.22pm
This sounds an aboslute nightmare for anyone using London Bridge - up to 5 years of service disruption.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-20123256
Monday 29 October 2012 8.30pm
Does it need redeveloping? There seems to be so much construction/destruction around London Bridge and Tooley street already!
Monday 29 October 2012 9.09pm
I am reminded of the words of Bill "Porpoise Spit" Heslop "you cant stop progress" !
Monday 29 October 2012 9.40pm
they are still digging up half of the local area for shard drainage & utilities !
Tuesday 30 October 2012 10.41am
Yes, it absolutely does need redeveloping. The current station is not at all welcoming, difficult to navigate, overcrowded and not fit for purpose.

|Free calls to USA & Canada | http://www.zipcall.com |
Tuesday 30 October 2012 11.31am
I think a lot of the redevelopment has been good, but over the last 13 - 14 years I can't rememember a time when there hasn't been some massive building site somewhere.
Tuesday 30 October 2012 12.03pm
Of course it needs redeveloping - London Bridge station can barely cope as it is. Over recent years you've had More London bringing huge numbers of extra people in, and with the Shard becoming habitable in the next few months and also the Place opposite, London Bridge station will only get busier.

It is a real shame they didn't do the redeveloping the right way round, getting the infrastructure in place before the extra people arrived.
Tuesday 30 October 2012 2.08pm
Looking at the redirection of the Thameslink Service while the lines are being reorganised, does anyone think they'll be putting the service through Elephant and Castle?
Tuesday 30 October 2012 2.33pm
The biggest pain for me is that the trains in to Charing Cross won't be stopping at LB. Such an easy way to get in to the centre of town, and far more pleasant than the jubilee line to Bond Street.
Tuesday 30 October 2012 5.04pm
The majority of work that has the potential to be noisy is scheduled to take place during our normal working hours (Monday Friday, 8am 6pm and Saturday 8am 1pm). In some circumstances, however, work requires the closure of the railway. Unfortunately in these instances we have no choice but to work at night or during the weekend as this is the only time when the trains are not running. When this happens we take all practical measures to minimise noise and disturbance, in consultation with the London Borough of Southwark.

Why do I feel this is so going to be a major issue over the coming years for everyone in the area *sighs loudly*
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: