Filming in Windmill Walk

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 31 October 2012 1.37pm
Hi all, I'm new!

Walked past what looks like a small film set in Windmill Walk, near the Young Vic, seems to be some kind of destroyed/blown up house in between the actual houses. Anyone know what it is?
Wednesday 31 October 2012 6.50pm
There is filmimg on Friday for an ITV production "Murder on the Home Front". Whittelsey Street and the surrounding area will be closed/disrupted. they did something similar about ten years ago. It is quite spectacular.
Wednesday 31 October 2012 7.47pm
I'll have to go and have a nosey. Thanks Chrisse1.
Wednesday 31 October 2012 8.05pm
There was nothing to see at lunchtime today.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 31 October 2012 8.20pm
There was filming on the Victoria Embankment early Sunday morning with a camera pointed at Waterloo Bridge, filming on Waterloo Bridge itself and later that afternoon there was a van with a camera filming a car driving down Southwark Street. Don't know what it was for and if it is related though.
Wednesday 31 October 2012 10.24pm
James
I think there was. For two days now they have been gradually filling in the gap between the houses either side of Windmill Walk on Whittelsey Street. It is now closed off.
Wednesday 31 October 2012 11.47pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
that afternoon there was a van with a camera filming a car driving down Southwark Street. Don't know what it was for and if it is related though.

Could be related to some filming on Sunday 4th November at Southwark Street and Redcross Way. A letter through my letterbox says it is feature film but no other information is given, which is unusual because they usually give you a basic outline of the film. Starting at 6am - bang goes the lie-in!
Monday 5 November 2012 12.52pm
A couple of pics:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.452604701443312.92271.115894751780977&type=3

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: