New Co-Op on Jamaica Road (where Costcutter is)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Monday 5 November 2012 3.42pm
I hear that Co-op is taking over the Costcutter store in Scott's Sufferance Wharf (Dockhead/Jamaica Road/Tooley Street) and will be opening a metro-type store. They are already advertising for staff...
Monday 5 November 2012 3.50pm
Interesting - I heard a similar rumour a couple of weeks about another local Costcutter which was owned by the same people as the Dockhead one (Sunstar Group) - I asked the Co-op press office and they wouldn't comment (but didn't deny it either) so something would seem to be afoot.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 5 November 2012 3.54pm
Gavin, do you know where they are advertising for staff?
Monday 5 November 2012 3.56pm
There are a couple of jobs here (if you zoom in on the map the location is Dockhead).

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 5 November 2012 4.24pm
They are also looking for staff in the Southwark Park Rd branch, there's a notice in the window.
Monday 5 November 2012 5.59pm
Thanks for the info!
Wednesday 14 November 2012 11.50pm
18 November is the last day of Costcutter, Scott Sufferance Wharf. I've been told the Co-op is opening very soon afterwards - maybe even within a few days.
Saturday 17 November 2012 11.46pm
Costcutter on Tower Bridge Road is going to become a Co-Op too... went this morning to get some milk and shocked to see virtually half the shelves empty.. If anyone planning on making a low-budget apocolypse-coming movie now is the time to get some very easy shots of a supermarket down to it's last dregs..

Used to do the cheapest Leffe in town - 1.19 a bottle. Bargain.

Ah happy days.
Sunday 18 November 2012 1.07pm
Went this morning and some shelves are now completely empty. They seem to be selling most Thai and Indian curry sauces at 1.59 a jar. Excellent - grabbed a few. There are other bargains in there too.
Monday 19 November 2012 10.57am
Will miss the tower bridge costcutter as well - assume the new co-op isn't going to be 24 hours.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network