Growing fruit and veg on the Lawson Estate

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Jan the old one Thursday 8 November 2012 11.14am
Is going to be creating grow gardens around the Round House and other spots on Lawson, fruit and veg, what a lovely idea for children to learn about the thrill of planting a seed and seeing the magic that nature creates. I think it's The Bankside Open Spaces Trust organising it.

so if anyone lives on or nearby the lawson, there was a number on the small poster near the Round House, could not quite make the number out, bit blurry from rain i think.
boster Monday 12 November 2012 5.48pm
Hello Jan,

Yes it is Bankside Open Spaces Trust which are organising it under the Edible Bankside Project with the help from the lovely residents around the estate.
The number will be 020 7403 3393 or 07786 437 200 which is Hej the Facilitator of this project for BOST.

Wednesday 21st November is the date for the build when we welcome a corporate group and anyone else who wants to help out on the day building the first of the beds.

BOST will then be holding regular gardening clubs to help local residents learn how to grow and look after their new growing beds.
Jan the old one Monday 12 November 2012 8.57pm
I have some seeds of various thingys, would you need them at all? probably veg and flowers? Unfortunately physical help is a bit beyond me at the moment!

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions