Help people with dementia while having a few pints?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
HLCLC Monday 12 November 2012 8.01pm
The "Healthy Living Club @ Lingham Court" –a Club for people with dementia and their carers which is repeatedly being described as a "life-line" by its members– has been surviving on just fundraising and donations for over 7 months.

It is a wonderful place, striving to produce well-being and and joy, that some SE1 people have been doing their best to keep alive.

Hopefully some funding will materialize just before the new year, but the volunteers who are running the Club are desperate for help, as they don't have the resources they need to keep going until Christmas.

Simon the Tanner, on Long Lane, will be holding a quiz to help them out next Monday (19/11), and all it will cost you to participate is £3. There will be no auctions or raffles, and nobody will be asking for donations: all there will be is a pub quiz like any other, only that the money raised will go to a good cause... and there will be good prizes as well has much fun to be had. Here's the flyer:

Advertisement

HLCLC Monday 12 November 2012 8.03pm
Jan the old one Tuesday 13 November 2012 8.58am
May try to get there health permitting as long as there are no questions on sport,politics,geography! I am as think as the proverbal...2 barrels!
Rambling Phil Tuesday 13 November 2012 10.39am
Raised as a potential SE1 social here.
HLCLC Tuesday 13 November 2012 10.50am
Will pass message on to Auntie Jo.... even though geography is the only topic I am not totally hopeless at... Oh well... It's 4 a good cause :-)
Jan the old one Tuesday 13 November 2012 12.51pm
told you i was dense, meant to type ...thick as 2 barrels..lol
Auntie Pat Tuesday 13 November 2012 8.34pm
What time does it start? I would like to come along.
STT Wednesday 14 November 2012 10.31am
It starts at 8pm.
beetroot Wednesday 14 November 2012 11.02am
Jan the old one wrote:

Never heard that expression. Only the short planks.
Jan the old one Wednesday 14 November 2012 12.56pm
beetroot wrote:
Jan the old one wrote:

Never heard that expression. Only the short planks.

Told you I thick Beetroot, your right right about the planks....I meant 7 barrels of effluent! lol or do I mean excreta!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions