The Shard - top floors

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 20 November 2012 1.02am
Does anybody know what the top 10-15 floors of The Shard are being used for? The view from my flat looks right onto the building, and in the past 2 days the top of the structure has been lit up 24/7.

Pretty striking view for us here, but I was just curious as to what the floors are being used for/what business(es) have moved in?

Cheers in advance
Tuesday 20 November 2012 9.55am
Aren't the viewing platforms among those floors?

Looks impressive lit-up like that, anyway.
Tuesday 20 November 2012 10.10am
Possibly it's just a feature. I imagine they'll be looking at various lighting options over time as it offers such a unique viewing opportunity, maybe as a competition to lighting designers/artists?
Tuesday 20 November 2012 10.41pm
The top section - floors 7395 - isn't actually enclosed. If you look you'll notice that there is no glass on the corners. The developers call them the spire, but they will almost certainly be home to no end of mechanical plant.
Wednesday 21 November 2012 3.12pm
Guy's street wrote:

No, the viewing gallery is on floors 86-72. Above 72 is the spire; which isn't inhabitable.
Wednesday 21 November 2012 3.39pm
Truthmonkey-home wrote:
Guy's street wrote:

No, the viewing gallery is on floors 86-72. Above 72 is the spire; which isn't inhabitable. :-)

Shard View is from floors 68, 69 and 72
Thursday 22 November 2012 12.05pm
Oops yes, in transposing two numbers I appear to have created a whole new experience ;0)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: