Notice board on Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 22 November 2012 9.00pm
I was today walking down Bermondsey Street and got very disappointed when I discovered someone had taken down the A4 sized poster I spent 20 minutes putting up on the official notice board a few days ago.

The poster was for Bermondsey Voices CHARITY Christmas Concert in St James Church (Thurland Road) on Sat 1 Dec at 4:30pm (I might as well write something about it here if people are going to rip down our posters).

In its place was a leaflet (using my new shiny silver pins) for www.fitnessforeverybody.co.uk. I called the number on the leaflet and asked the man I was speaking to if and why they had taken down my poster. He told me "it must have fallen down" bla bla bla... I told him that was nonsense as I had spent a long time putting it up, actually hammering the pins in (I come from the land of IKEA so know one or two things about DIY) with a small hammer. Anyone putting something up on that board will know how hard the surface is.

Did I take their leaflet down? No, but maybe I will tomorrow when I will go and put another poster up for our concert!

Rant over!

Cheers!

Kristina Mansbridge
www.bermondseyvoices.co.uk
Friday 23 November 2012 12.00pm
Dear Kristina,

I am Jane Dowling who owns Fitness For Every Body. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise.
We have been posting our leaflets on the board for many years.
Sean is the young chap that you spoke to who also had posted the leaflet; he is a young instructor who hasnít been with me long. I returned to the studio, he told me immediately that you had called and was mortified that you were upset. He did say that he apologised to you. As you were very upset he couldnít understand what company you were from. I then walked around to the notice board to see if I could get some idea of what poster it was so I could ring you and apologise.

I can assure you this was just a mistake on his behalf and there was no malice intended. Sean is a good boy and I know it was just him not noticing it rather than doing it on purpose.

We are an independent studio and have been based in Bermondsey for 6 years now and have a great relationship with local business and residents.

We would never want to upset anyone and I would like to apologise on behalf of Sean and Fitness for Every Body.

Kind regards,

Jane Dowling.
Owner
Fitness For Every Body.
108 Weston Street
SE1 3QB.
www.fitnessforeverybody.co.uk
Friday 23 November 2012 12.41pm
....Sorry I would like to add I am sure that he didnt rip the poster down, he thought that he had just put in over by mistake.

Thanks!

Jane.
Friday 23 November 2012 12.57pm
....Or someone else had taken it down, as our leaflets dont last there for long either.:)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: