Exciting news Pret to open in BHS

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Monday 26 November 2012 11.53am
so ex-Zipcar office becomes Pret a Manger (opposite Sainsbury)... how many ice cold sandwiches do the residents of SE1 need?
Monday 26 November 2012 12.19pm
Hahaha - that made me laugh on this grey Monday morning. Do wish there were some shops which are actually useful for local residents. Another Pret / takeaway/ sandwich bar certainly isn't.
Monday 26 November 2012 12.45pm
Agreed and it is the uniformity of the High Street that is rather depressing. But, Suziq, what kind of shops DO we need in Borough High Street?

Any suggestions, anyone?
Monday 26 November 2012 12.48pm
I'd love to have some clothes shops on/around BHS. All the food, schools and estate agents is a bit depressing given how many people actually live around here.
Monday 26 November 2012 12.59pm
Yes it would be nice to have some browsing!
Monday 26 November 2012 1.02pm
Give me Pret over scruffy looking offices or derelict empty buildings any day. Of course it would be ideal to have greater variety and independents, but no-one else is taking a chance on BHS so I for one welcome Pret!
Monday 26 November 2012 1.40pm
Shame its not an EAT....always prefer EAT to Pret...but I think that's another discussion.
Monday 26 November 2012 2.07pm
Riva by Borough Tube does far superior sandwiches and hot food. Always service with a smile and a nice family run business. Ditto the Giggling Sausage in Great Suffolk Street and also the Blackfriars Cafe. No connections, I just like a proper mug of tea!
Monday 26 November 2012 2.09pm
ah se1, walk 5mins in any direction & you will find tesco and pret...
Monday 26 November 2012 3.56pm
If a Pret member of staff doesn't demonstrate at least 6 "Behaviours" when serving, should you risk eating the sandwich?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pret_a_Manger

Prêt à Manger is french for 'ready to eat'
As of January 2012, there were 230 UK shops, 168 in London.
Unlike many other fast food outlets, Pret a Manger refuses to franchise.

Pret a Manger promotes an internal culture as described in a leaflet entitled “Pret Behaviours.”
Team Members should practise around six Behaviours, Managers ten, and the company’s executives should be able to practise all of them
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: