Flasher on London Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 26 November 2012 12.44pm
Last night at 7pm, as I was cycling north on London Road, I stopped at the red lights by Garden Row. Across the road, by South Bank university, I witnessed a guy brandishing and swivelling his rather large and flacid "instrument" at a lady shouting "you want it, you want it"... She shouted back at him and left in a hurry and as the guy was about to cross the road, I quickly rode away (I was so distracted by the scene that green light was on for a while). Quite scary as it is rather dark at that spot. So be careful ladies.
Not sure if that should be reported, I did not get a good look at him as it was too dark but he was tall, black, middle age.
Monday 26 November 2012 12.54pm
I think there are quite a few CCTV cameras along that stretch. May be worth reporting in case he was caught on camera and also in case there's a recurrence.
Monday 26 November 2012 1.00pm
Did you call the police?
Monday 26 November 2012 1.16pm
No, I did not call the police, I was in a hurry to go to the theatre.
Monday 26 November 2012 2.26pm
You could still call them now.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 26 November 2012 5.36pm
Yes please call them. It is alot more helpful to us gals than posting on a forum ( although I do appreciate the effort of at least doing this)
Monday 26 November 2012 7.34pm
Terrible!

You can email our local police safer neighbourhoods team at SNTMD-Cathedrals@met.police.uk (London Road is in Cathedrals Ward).

I'm sure they'll be pleased to know, and happy to keep an eye out for any recurrence.
Monday 26 November 2012 7.39pm
And well done for posting on the forum Connie - hope you ok.
Monday 26 November 2012 7.45pm
I am finishing work now and will go to the police station after that.
Tuesday 27 November 2012 10.57am
Connie, I've had a terrible service when reporting crime at the police station on Borough High St. Make sure it's actually documented. Or report it online.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: