Waterloo Bar and Grill closed down

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 27 November 2012 11.38pm
sadly it seems that Waterloo Bar & Grill on Waterloo Road opposite the Old Vic has closed down. I had a christmas party booked there with some friends and today they emailed me to return my deposit.

Apparently: "We have been advised this week that the lease for the premises has been sold on with immediate effect and the new owner does not intend to continue the existing business."
Wednesday 28 November 2012 8.32am
The ground floor is going to be Gourmet Burger Kitchen and Wahaca is opening in the basement.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 28 November 2012 1.20pm
great news. i remember a very synical scam marketting strategy used by them not so long ago,,

very dubious ethics
Wednesday 28 November 2012 1.45pm
Do you mean this one, Boom? http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/115647/page=6

Astroturfers.

Looking forward to having a local Wahaca. I just hope it's easier to get into than the Covent Garden one.
Wednesday 28 November 2012 1.51pm
There are two bars/restaurants in Waterloo Road with the similar names, I think the one referred to here is on corner opposite the fire station. Correct me if I am wrong though?
Wednesday 28 November 2012 2.03pm
Yes, pops, this is the one opposite The Fire Station and adjoining Emma Cons Gardens. Formerly the Waterloo Brasserie but more recently rebranded as Bar & Grill

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 28 November 2012 2.41pm
CPaulS wrote:
Apparently: "We have been advised this week that the lease for the premises has been sold on with immediate effect and the new owner does not intend to continue the existing business."

Hmm, seems they are being a little economical with the truth again. It was tweeted on here on 24th September that it was closing and that these two chains were coming in.

They just can't help themselves, it seems.
Wednesday 28 November 2012 8.20pm
Wahaca! Exciting...
Wednesday 28 November 2012 8.48pm
la martinet wrote:
Hmm, seems they are being a little economical with the truth again. It was tweeted on here on 24th September that it was closing and that these two chains were coming in.
They just can't help themselves, it seems.

If that's the case then it's a bit dodgy that they were happy to take a 150 deposit off me just a week ago along with my booking! Have to say the events guy that I was dealing with seemed completely off guard and unsurprisingly upset at being about to lose his job
Wednesday 28 November 2012 8.51pm
personally, don't feel like we need another gbk in SE1... there's already one in clink street. never been to Wahaca so can't comment on that but a quick google says they have one a few streets away on belvedere road: http://www.wahaca.co.uk/html/1_restaurant7.html
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: