Structural Engineer?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 1 December 2012 12.15pm
Hi everyone and Merry Christmas

Can anyone recommend a decent structural engineer?

Hoping someone will be able to help.

Saturday 1 December 2012 1.23pm
Hiya, higher watha, just a warning. Beware of cowboys. :o)

Merry Christmas
Saturday 1 December 2012 3.22pm
Hi Higher Watha

I recently used the following site to find a structural engineer:

From the results the site produced, I ended up using this firm:

They were fast, professional and produced a comprehensive report on the property I was buying. However, I guess I won't be able to judge how accurate the report is until a few years down the line!

Hope that helps.
Sunday 2 December 2012 2.06pm
To do a house survey, or to do engineering for a building project?
Sunday 2 December 2012 9.32pm
Hi, thanks for all your responses. Hi JGarcia - it's for a building project (house) - knocking a supporting wall down.
Monday 3 December 2012 10.43am
Hi Higher Watha
This may sound off the wall, but why not try an actual structural engineer ( which is the website run by the Inst of STructural Engineers for finding fully qualified chartered structural engineers in your area. Just go to the site and enter your postcode into the box and you will get a selection of Struct Engs to contact together with their specialities.

Hope this helps.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network