Use of a wet tile saw

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 2 December 2012 12.36am
For a small home project I need to use a wet tile saw. I'd welcome any suggestions workshops, companies or colleges that might allow me some time on one. Or if you have one at home that you could let me use for an hour then I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,
Robert
Monday 3 December 2012 11.01am
Hello Robert,

i have a cheap b & q one you can borrow, its only small but i've managed to use it for DIY and cutting floor tiles (60cm by 40cm by 2.5cm). PM me for details etc.
Zoe
Monday 3 December 2012 11.00pm
I am very pleased, it made me quite sad that no one had this mystical item to lend (mystical to me, I'm sure it's very real, but I'm not clear if it's for the cutting of wet tiles or a saw that makes tiles wet, both seem equally unlikely).
Tuesday 4 December 2012 1.09pm
It's neither Zoe. It's a tile cutter that flows water over the diamond grinding blade to keep it cool. It makes a cleaner and easier cut than a "score and snap" type cutter.
Zoe
Tuesday 4 December 2012 7.28pm
Wow, I would never have guessed that. They never showed me that on the tiling course I did!
Wednesday 5 December 2012 11.12pm
To Arnold - I hope you got my PMs. I am new to this so if you didn't please post here to let me know. Thanks.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: