Framing a football shirt

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 4 December 2012 3.47pm
I recently acquired a signed football shirt and wish to have it framed to give to as a Christmas present.

I seemed to recall that there was a frame shop in Newcomen Street as well as one in BHS opp HSBC, that I have used in the past.

The shop in Newcomen Street now appears to be a letting agency and the one in BHS seems to be on long-term refurbishment.

Can anyone recommend anywhere [that will do a good job and not charge the earth] that I can get to [and back] in my lunch hour?
Tuesday 4 December 2012 4.04pm
Might not be near enough for your lunch hour but you could try Phillips Framing (Lower Marsh) or Southbank Art on London Road.
Tuesday 4 December 2012 4.42pm
Had a very bad experience a few years ago trying to get a football shirt framed at Phillips so I would say avoid at all costs. We ended up framing it ourselves so can't recommend anyone else. Good luck.
Wednesday 5 December 2012 7.48pm
there was one on London road at the elephant
Thursday 6 December 2012 11.22am
A little bit further but, after being a fan of Southbank Art, I now take all of my framing to Bijan on Tower Bridge Road.
Thursday 6 December 2012 12.17pm
Many thanks for all of your advice above.

I believe that Southbank Art is the one referred to on London Road.

I am quite close to Bijan Art on TBR so I will go there.

Thanks once again.
Tuesday 7 May 2013 10.37am
The original shirt in question was not available on line, as it was one specifially autographed by Millwall players from the 1960s to the present day, bought as a present for my 84yo father.
Wednesday 8 May 2013 9.48am
Let me know how this goes, I've recently acquired a signed shirt from (my beloved) promotion winning Gillingham and need to get it framed.

Thank you

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: