Shiny red helicopter

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 8 December 2012 2.44pm
Lots of helicopters out today, but this one beautiful. Anyone know if there is some sort of event?
Saturday 8 December 2012 5.43pm
Filming a film due out end of next year. We were leafletted by the production company last week apologising that there would be lots of very low flying helicopters all day.
Sunday 9 December 2012 1.16pm
Another weekend spoiled by low-flying helicopters. The one with the camera is G-XLLL owned by Excel Helicopter Charter (01708 688110 - 24 hours). When I phoned to complain I was told that the helicopter had been hired out to Flying Pictures who are involved in the making of a film starring Bruce Willis. Apparently they're filming a road chase on the A13 which involves a rolling road closure with the approval of the police and the local council! Thanks.
Sunday 9 December 2012 1.44pm
There seem to now be more helicopters flying round the Shard and the Tower Bridge area. I've seen and heard one yesterday and today. (Its wasnt the red shiny one doing the filming).

Are these commercial sight seeing trips? Any ideas how they are regulated? There seem to be more and more and each one makes my windows vibrate and ruins a quiet day.

I did across the below:

"London Helicopter Tour

Seeing London from the air gives a unique and memorable view of our Capital City. There is no better way to see the River Thames and Central London than from a helicopter, giving a spectacular panoramic view of the London skyline and many of our national landmarks. Whilst the route on the day of your flight will be subject to instructions from London Air Traffic Control, you will see many familiar sites from an unfamiliar angle, such as The Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, The London Eye, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, St Paulís Cathedral, the O2 Arena, Canary Wharf, the Olympic Village and the new Shard Tower. Whichever route we are instructed to fly, you are sure of a memorable flight!

Flights are conducted from Denham Aerodrome, just 5 minutes from the M25 / M40 intersection, on specific dates throughout the year, and take approximately 40 minutes. Your personalised flight voucher is valid for nine months from the date of issue. When you, or the lucky recipient, receive the voucher all you need to do is contact us to check availability and reserve your seat!"

Tosh
Sunday 9 December 2012 3.14pm
Tosh wrote:
There seem to now be more helicopters flying round the Shard and the Tower Bridge area. I've seen and heard one yesterday and today. (Its wasnt the red shiny one doing the filming).
Are these commercial sight seeing trips? Any ideas how they are regulated? There seem to be more and more and each one makes my windows vibrate and ruins a quiet day.

I did across the below:

"London Helicopter Tour

Seeing London from the air gives a unique and memorable view of our Capital City. There is no better way to see the River Thames and Central London than from a helicopter, giving a spectacular panoramic view of the London skyline and many of our national landmarks. Whilst the route on the day of your flight will be subject to instructions from London Air Traffic Control, you will see many familiar sites from an unfamiliar angle, such as The Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, The London Eye, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, St Paulís Cathedral, the O2 Arena, Canary Wharf, the Olympic Village and the new Shard Tower. Whichever route we are instructed to fly, you are sure of a memorable flight!

Flights are conducted from Denham Aerodrome, just 5 minutes from the M25 / M40 intersection, on specific dates throughout the year, and take approximately 40 minutes. Your personalised flight voucher is valid for nine months from the date of issue. When you, or the lucky recipient, receive the voucher all you need to do is contact us to check availability and reserve your seat!"

Tosh

"There is no time restriction placed on airspace in the UK.Aircraft noise is not considered a statutory nuisance in the UK which means that local authorities are unable to act on aircraft noise levels.The Civil Aviation Authorities is tasked with dealing with aviation related enviromental enquiries,although it is unable to prevent aircraft from flying in any particular location"
Sunday 9 December 2012 10.00pm
I am sure I remember there being restictions on the flight routes of helicopters over London, and most seem to follow those rules which were that flying was limited to a minimum height of 500 feet and that their flight path had to follow the course of the river which still seems to be the case.
It seems obvious that emergency flights would have exemptions to these restrictions but I see no reason why pleasure craft should
Monday 10 December 2012 12.54am
Is the film red2? they closed down a lot of old street last weekend too, which was a pain
Zoe
Monday 10 December 2012 7.59am
It is Red 2, someone in the block over the road from us got a leaflet but we didn't. I think they presumed we wouldn't hear it on the Southwark side of the road! Was a lovely looking helicopter though, I'm thinking of inviting it on a date (I'll take Karen as well).
Monday 10 December 2012 12.20pm
Did I miss Red 1? Never heard of it. I'm intrigued how a red helicopter can be lovely/beautiful. Was it like really red or was something else going on in the mix?
Monday 10 December 2012 12.29pm
I had never heard of it either. at least it is not as bad as when the Olympics was on.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: