New Years Eve...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 8 December 2012 6.35pm
Hi all,

I searched for a NYE topic, but couldn't see one...apologies if there is one!

Despite living here for the past 2 years, this will be my first NYE in London. Do you have any recommendations as to some decent places to spend the evening? I'm not in to clubs, but am open to any other suggestions. Really, I'd like to stay around here/be by or on the river, although one of my guests is keen to venture to Greenwich...

Thanks in advance!
Sunday 9 December 2012 9.19am
How about a few drinks in one of SE1's excellent pubs (We'll be in the Lord Cylde or The Roebuck) followed by a meal in one of SE1's excellent restaurents (We'll be in La Constancia) followed by a walk down the Thames to see the fireworks. You won't get close unless you get there early and wait for hours. If you can't be bothered, you'll get a reasonable view from Southwark or Blackfriars Bridges. All the best for NYE
Sunday 9 December 2012 8.33pm
Thank you, Dave - Sounds like a perfect NYE to me, particularly The Roebuck. I may well see you in one SE1s finest! I'm keen to walk along the river, but not so keen on fighting through the hoards...we'll try and sneak on to one of the bridges.

You have a great NYE yourself!
Monday 10 December 2012 10.02am
Posted before as a suggestion - Festival Hall may still have some tickets left - you get to stay inside and party to music and then a birds eye view from the terrace at midnight. Good value.
Wednesday 19 December 2012 2.00pm
Comedy club (comedy carnival) at Clapham junction (Glenn Wool, Sara Pascoe and John Moloney). Show+nightclub 40. I think is a nice option for New Years Eve
Wednesday 19 December 2012 5.13pm
Hi, I moved to Bermondsey in May so this will be my first New Years Eve in the area too.
Does anyone know what the river area is like between Bermondsey Wall East and The Angel?
Do people get out there and party!?
Is it possible to see any fireworks from this area as well?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: