Please Help...Stolen Christiania Bike , 200 reward*

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 10 December 2012 9.43am
Hi and sorry to put this in discussion boards. We used to own a large bike for carrying our 3 young kids around. It was a tryke with a large black box in front (where kids sit) and a red hood. We love it! Last night it was stollen from the Jam Factory SE1 (not sure how as it was locked and the Jam Factory has 24 hour security at the gate grrr) possibly between 7PM and 10PM. Its an unusual bike and too big to put in the back of a car ( but could fit in a van) so we are wondering if anybody has seen the bike being ridden, put in a van / truck or for sale. We are offereing a 200 reward for any info that leads to the bike! Please call me if any ideas or information 07913233789 :-) Monique
Monday 10 December 2012 12.47pm
Any photos?
Monday 10 December 2012 12.49pm
Give it 24hrs and then look on EBAY, if it is as distinctive as it sounds it should be easy to spot- beware it may have been sprayed a different colour. Bon chance- sorry this is so misrable for you
Monday 10 December 2012 12.55pm
Thank you thats very helpfull :-)
Monday 10 December 2012 1.00pm
Keep an eye on gumtree as well.

Personally, if you find it, I'd play dumb and arrange to meet them somewhere public and busy, take a friend (preferably big and male), and then reveal your true identity.
Monday 10 December 2012 2.15pm sure it will turn up. its such a funny bike to steal as so unique and easy to spot. The other thing is the person would have had to ride it past security at the Jam factory! thanks for all the helpfull comments :-)
Monday 10 December 2012 5.10pm
Guys st- that is exactly what 2 firends in seperate thefts did, after finding their bikes on EBay! Police did not want to know-as though they were pinched in se1- the sellers were in Kent and North London. Also the police said they cannot access the internet! However they both got their bikes back- when confronted with several 'big ' ( but actually gentle) guys!
Monday 10 December 2012 11.18pm
Also worth having a look on BikeShed which pulls all the bikes listed on gumtree and ebay, so you might be able to spot your bike if it's listed for sale. I'll keep an eye out for it - not the kind of bike you'd expect to see local scallies riding around on!
Tuesday 11 December 2012 12.19am
Monique, have you checked with the porters for the CCTV footage? I know in the past they've certainly been able to check this in the garage at least (William was able to pull up some footage for me last year), so they should have footage of the gates as well.
Tuesday 11 December 2012 12.36am
Here's one. I do feel for you though. It would be awful to wrongly accuse someone but then I guess most people would understand.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: