Arancia

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 10 December 2012 11.51am
Does anyone know what's going in at the old site of (amazing and very much missed) Arancia on the corner of SPR and Balaclava Rd?

Rumour has it flats, which would be so disappointing but wondered if anyone on here heard anything more concrete?
Monday 10 December 2012 12.46pm
There was an application for:

Reinstatement and enlargement of basement lightwell to front elevation to enable basement to be used as a kitchen for the ground floor restaurant (Use Class A3), demolition of existing extension at rear of building and erection of 3-storey rear extension to provide enlarged restaurant to ground floor level and three self-contained flats above

submitted in January,
but the submission was 'invalid or turned away not started'
Currently there is nothing pending, but it might be worth checking Southwark's planning webpage from time to time.

I check South Bermondsey planning applications every week, and will post anything about this on my blog www.grahamneale.com
Monday 17 December 2012 9.01am
Kind of ironic when the landlord wouldnt grant a short lease to Arancia but wanted 12 years or nothing. he got nothing.
Probably the most missed restaurant ever.
I am sure it will be come another soul-less low quality architecture block of lfats and what's betting a tesco or similar goes in underneath.
Tuesday 26 March 2013 8.03pm
I went past yesterday, and asked one of the guys working on it what it was going to be. He told me it was a Chinese with seats, and would be opening in two months time. I don't think he was 100% sure on these facts - but interesting anyway...
Tuesday 26 March 2013 11.25pm
Whoops, not sure why I missed this from Southwark's website.
Sorry, here is the link to the latest planning application for 52 Southwark Park Road.

(It's already been approved by council officers)
Wednesday 27 March 2013 12.28pm
I asked the builders too walking by the other day and he also said 'Chinese I think'. What a disappointing loss of a great neighbourhood site. Can only hope it will at least be a proper restaurant with seats.
Wednesday 27 March 2013 12.43pm
Councillor Denise Capstick & I have requested that the planning application opposite at 65 Southwark Park Road, to convert "Rose Wines" into a takeaway is heard at a proper planning meeting, and not decided by council officers.
Doesn't anyone cook any more?
Wednesday 27 March 2013 12.49pm
Isn't there already 3 Chinese restaurants (takeaways) within very close proximity on Southwark Park Road? Surely there isn't the demand to sustain another!
Friday 9 August 2013 9.32am
Does anybody have an update on this? I'm not a big fan of the lurid green paint they have used on the building and I'm not holding out a huge amount of hope that this will be a proper restaurant with seats.

|Free calls to USA & Canada | http://www.zipcall.com |
Monday 12 August 2013 12.02pm
Yes the green paint worries me too. Peering through the window does show space for chairs. The latest rumour I heard was an Indian ... looks to be close to completion now so I suppose we'll find out soon enough.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: