Party venue needed!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 15 December 2012 6.30pm
Hi folks -

Wondering if I can tap into your collective local knowledge please. We're looking for a party venue for 20 people for my mother-in-law's 70th birthday party. It is this Thursday Dec 20 (erm, yeah, we've left it a bit late and um, yes, it *IS* the busiest entertainment day of the year.... but we're still hopeful!)

Ideally we're looking for a venue within easy walking distance of Tower Bridge. It doesn't have to be a pub or restaurant - it could be a building's entertainment room or a warehouse space. We've gone to some expense helping people travel in for the party, so ideally we're looking for low or no hire fees / minimum spends. We could also bring drinks, food etc.

Any hidden gems out there?

Chris
Saturday 15 December 2012 8.31pm
How about Bermonsdsey Village Hall? At first glance it can seem a little lacking in ambience but I've seen parties in there where they've made it look lovely. It's all about lighting really.
There's an email address on this page but I would phone.
http://www.southwark.gov.uk/directory_record/1883/bermondsey_village_hall
Sunday 16 December 2012 8.14am
Try The Horseshoe. We had a big Xmas party there for our kids group. They have big upstairs rooms that they hire out for free.
Sunday 16 December 2012 12.07pm
Hi beetroot and JGarcia - thanks for the suggestions! Very helpful. The Village Hall sounds like it could be a good option. The Horse looks good too, but alas a bit too far for various logistical reasons.

Thanks!
Chris
Sunday 16 December 2012 12.30pm
J Garcia means the Horseshoe Inn, which is actually very near Bermondsey Village Hall so should be in reach for you.
Sunday 16 December 2012 12.37pm
Sorry yes, bad typo. I've used Bermondsey Village Hall for several kids parties too. It's good and the people who run it are lovely - call them on 07724 072448. There is a small kitchen with a fridge, but you can't cook in there. But you can prepare party food.
Sunday 16 December 2012 12.48pm
I didn't know you couldn't cook in the hall. Is that because they don't have a cooker or are you just not allowed? Would you be allowed to take a portable hob or a countertop oven?
Monday 17 December 2012 9.50am
Thanks for the clarification, both! On the case today... ;-)

Chris

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: