Basilico Pizza opening on Tower Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 19 December 2012 10.39am
Rumour has it that Basilico Pizza open a branch on Tower Bridge Road, next door to Harfleur Chemist. Opening planned for 10 January.
Wednesday 19 December 2012 10.47am
It must have been sold on then, as I was told it would be a dry cleaners and the owner of "Pinkys office license" would own it!!
Wednesday 19 December 2012 10.53am
I seem to remember a publication on the SE1 website about planning permission for Basilico, but that is a god while ago.
Wednesday 19 December 2012 11.21am
Can there be a market for another dry cleaners? Already two on a short stretch of TBR - one next to Barclays and one next to Tesco. Another one Abbey Street.

This could just be wishful thinking though... I'd rather a nice Basilico down the road than another dry cleaners!
Wednesday 19 December 2012 11.44am
maurits wrote:
I seem to remember a publication on the SE1 website about planning permission for Basilico, but that is a god while ago.

Are you referring to the Chrisitan shop? I was referring to the empty unit next to Bella's news. May be I'm mistaken
Wednesday 19 December 2012 12.37pm
Pops wrote:
maurits wrote:

Are you referring to the Chrisitan shop? I was referring to the empty unit next to Bella's news. May be I'm mistaken

I stand corrected: it is next door to Tower Electrics. The sign is already up, so that confirms it.
Wednesday 19 December 2012 1.05pm
are they the ones that do the square pizzas? I think I have had them before - very good!
Wednesday 19 December 2012 2.11pm
square pizzas??!!!! what is the world coming to?

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 19 December 2012 6.53pm
Wow, this is really good news -- and should give the south end of TBR more 'street life' in the evening when shops are closed. I look forward to trying it!

(Of course, the only way this portion of the street will really come alive is when the flyover is destroyed and the new businesses -- e.g. the new hostel, etc. -- on NKR feel like TBR and its shops are not ages away.)

Sorry, Ivanhoe, just had to make that comment for you ;) ;)
Wednesday 19 December 2012 7.27pm
james127 wrote:
Wow, this is really good news -- and should give the south end of TBR more 'street life' in the evening when shops are closed. I look forward to trying it!
(Of course, the only way this portion of the street will really come alive is when the flyover is destroyed and the new businesses -- e.g. the new hostel, etc. -- on NKR feel like TBR and its shops are not ages away.)

Sorry, Ivanhoe, just had to make that comment for you ;) ;)

You will be pleased to hear that I fully agree. In spite of the otherwise greatly appreciated Ivanhoe.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network