Lant Street and Long Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 22 December 2012 9.49pm
Hi i used to live in long lane was wondering if anyone used to know any of the getty family,i used to drink in the Simon the Tanner and the Prince of Wales aswell as quite a few other local pubs.Thanks Tony
Saturday 22 December 2012 11.33pm
I remember Perry,the Borough's answer to Travolta,or the Fonzie of Mint street.
I was a bit younger than him but have a visual of him in a cracking pair of flares.

Great days.
Sunday 23 December 2012 6.31pm
Yeah,Perry is the the young one,he went to live in Hern Bay close to his Mum and Dad Joe & Ivy his sister Sue also lives there.Our the old flats still up in Lant St?and the pub next to the fire station.
Sunday 23 December 2012 11.42pm
I heard from Perry earlier this year on facebook he was living in Cheshire, Trundle House is still there and so is the pub its changed its name, I think it was the Goldsmiths, I heard Danny was still local but not sure where.
Monday 24 December 2012 12.40am
terryb wrote:
I heard from Perry earlier this year on facebook he was living in Cheshire, Trundle House is still there and so is the pub its changed its name, I think it was the Goldsmiths, I heard Danny was still local but not sure where.

I saw Danny in the doctors in Cloumbo st a year or so ago.

Did they call you bear?
Monday 24 December 2012 6.39pm
I think the Pub near to trundle house was The Prince Of Wales,me Paul,Robert and Danny used to drink in there along with Eddy and Ivy and a few others,I used to live in long lane and used a few of the pubs,happy days they where,not been back for ages.
Monday 24 December 2012 9.01pm
This map show the Prince of Wales was where a new block of flats is. I remember them demolishing a small church there so presumably the pub was next to that?

http://www.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/prince-of-wales-18729218.html

Confusingly, there's another Prince of Wales on St. Georges Road.
tony getty, have you thought of using Google Street View?
Wednesday 26 December 2012 2.54pm
boroughonian
ha ha they used to call me bearsy for some reason not sure where it came from, I remember the Prince of Wales Jack and Eileen ran it and before that Greg and Francis Powell (Greg son of nosher powell he works in the films as a stunt co-ordinator, he did the a lot of work on the last Harry Potter film) and the most famous landlord would be Freddie Foreman father of Jamie Foreman now in Eastenders. I loved Mint Street who would think you would give kids 6 inch nails and a big hammer as a play thing.
Wednesday 26 December 2012 3.34pm
I seem to remember it having something to do with the size of your hands.
Jack and Eileen were two of the nicest people you could meet,just so nice,think they went to Spain,I don't think Jack was all that well.
Now the word legend gets bandied about.........
I was thinking about you the other week,and your heroic act of diving in the Thames and pulling some woman (i think) to safety,I was wondering how old you must've been at the time,15/16?
Thursday 27 December 2012 12.23pm
I remember Jack and Eileen, she was a very pretty blonde girl and Jack who was a very attractive man with pre-maturely gray hair, sad to hear he is not well...:-(
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: