Cheese in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 23 December 2012 8.20pm
Where do you buy your cheese in se1? Seems to me like there are lots of options, but mixed quality and often expensive. Neals yard? Borough market? Somewhere else on maltby street/spa terminus? Bermondsey square?
Sunday 23 December 2012 9.28pm
Monday 24 December 2012 10.18am
Wyfe of Bath from Borough.
Payoyo, rosemary zamorano and the occasional torta de baros from Brindisa.
Albarracin from Tozino at Maltby Street. (Including a new version made with white wine)
And cheddar from everywhere else.
Saturday 29 December 2012 10.55am
Will try pop down to Tozino to pick some up today, sounds delicious.
Sunday 30 December 2012 5.59pm
Kappacasein sell Bermondsey Friar cheese made under the arches - on Fraen St on sat mornings. Obviously more expensive than Tescos, but not mass produced and you can taste before you buy.
Monday 31 December 2012 5.39am
i would go here :

greensmiths
Wednesday 2 January 2013 9.58am
There is a very good cheese stall in Lower Marsh on Fridays (apparently with the theatrical title of The Dark Knights of Cholesterol). They eagerly tell you about the provenance of the cheese and force tastings on you.
Thursday 3 January 2013 9.23pm
There's a really good French cheese seller in the arches near Spa Road - don't know the name but I don't think it's been mentioned here yet.
Thursday 3 January 2013 9.28pm
I know it's not SE1, but there is an excellent cheese seller in Liverpool Street Station. Here.

It's handy for the tube!
Saturday 5 January 2013 1.01pm
By spa road there is mons cheese (french soft and strong), the ham and cheese company (italian), kappascein (bermondsey cheese! Montgomery) and neals yard. Down by maltby is my favourite cheese stall. The swiss cheese stall down from at johns where they have the butcher outside run by wondful ladies. The fenugeek is to die for.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network