Snowsfields water feature.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 27 December 2012 4.32pm
Thursday 27 December 2012 4.34pm
Well that didn't work but I can't edit or delete it. Must be ongoing upgrade!
Zoe
Thursday 27 December 2012 6.10pm
Do we think there is a way to get this fixed? I find it somewhat annoying!
Friday 28 December 2012 2.13pm
Probably caused by road repairers pouring unused tarmac down the nearest drain...A few years back the puddle opposite the Black Horse had seagulls bobbing up and down...
Monday 31 December 2012 4.14am
No Jan they were just badly installed.
Them & the ones around the corner on Weston St outside the Rose both fail to drain & have done since they were installed.
The ones shown on that clip are the worst of the two but Southwark are seem only interested in fixing issues around that great pointy white elephant by the station.

Clicky from 3 years ago

The comment attached speaks for itself
Zoe
Monday 31 December 2012 7.59am
Ford is a good description for it. At times I am actually wary of driving through as it's so deep.

Working on the basis that Southwark does care about more than just the pointy thing, has anyone had any recent contact about it? Perhaps we should ask Cllr McNally to get involved?
Tuesday 1 January 2013 11.29am
Crikey Sidney..it does speak for itself!
Wednesday 2 January 2013 1.39pm
Zoe wrote:
Perhaps we should ask Cllr McNally to get involved?

The bit of road behind the ford was dug up for two months at the end of last year to fit what looked like water mains. The perfect opportunity to fix the drainage too. If nothing got done then, I can't see them digging it up again any time soon.
Wednesday 2 January 2013 2.10pm
I've posted on fixmystreet about this before now, to no effect though. Just done the same again, for what it's worth.

There were diggings (Gas/ThamesWater?) going on right at the junction for a couple of months right up to this xmas, and they were having to pump out the the water every time that spot overflowed into their trench. Where is the joined-up planning, at street level, for the people, eh?
Friday 4 January 2013 3.54pm
Woo, hopefully, soon, the market for kagools will crash.
Posting to FixMyStreet actually stirred up something this time - got this mail today.

Quote:
Dear [imaginaryHF]
Thank you for your email. I have forwarded your enquiry to the Highways Maintenance Team and the site will be inspected and any problems found will be dealt with as soon as possible.

Your reference number for this request is 8007257873

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance with this or any other enquiry.

Yours sincerely,

Jamie

Environment Services
Environment@southwark.gov.uk
020 7525 2000

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: