Overnight parking near Union Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 28 December 2012 10.53am
Hi,im travelling to the southwark travel lodge from the north east tomorrow morning (saturday 29th December) but the travel lodge itself does not have any parking available. I have seen that there is one overnight car park (safe) a stones throw from the hotel but its only open mon-fri according to the web.

could ideally do with a safe car park to lock my car up on the morning,until the sunday afternoon, then just get a day ticket for the tube to get around. Anyone got any recomendations?

Thanks in advance, Scott.
Friday 28 December 2012 11.21am
sound a site called parkapedia showing a number of car parks but none are answering the numbers which are assigned to them, only one which has answered is 36..Union street parking.

some are advertised as more like 15/20? is this realistic or just posted for the sake of custom?
Friday 28 December 2012 11.25am
does anyone know of america street parking? seem the cheapest and relatively close to my hotel but no answer on their phones
Friday 28 December 2012 11.39am
latest and best offer so far is southwark bridge, 24 hrs for 25.
Friday 28 December 2012 11.56am
If it is just Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon, it might be cheaper to pay to park in the street in the morning, as it's free to park in the afternoon on Saturday and on Sunday in the local area on a yellow line.
Friday 28 December 2012 11.59am
Have you looked at the multi-storey NCP on Snowfields? I live opposite the America St one and it is usually closed at the weekends. Will check in a bit.
Friday 28 December 2012 12.08pm
I was going to suggest that Zoe, but I guess Scott is nervous about leaving it on the street given the dodgy rep us southerners have! To be honset, I've had friends leave their car overnight on America St (outside the arches) and they've been fine, though I appreciate many would be nervous in such a quiet area.
Friday 28 December 2012 12.39pm
Ah, so i could go to america street, (where it is a single yellow line) and park for free saturday afternoon & sunday. I dont mind the rep of the southerners its surely no worse than up in the north east ha :)

just to clarify, there is no congestion charge between xmas and new years is there lol?

btw thanks for the help guys. landan
Friday 28 December 2012 12.42pm
i dont mind leaving my car overnight if its a relatively decent area, if anyone knows of somewhere close to union street travel lodge which will be free saturday afternoon/sunday give me a shout im up for that! (aside from america street)
Friday 28 December 2012 12.46pm
America St arches are closed as I thought, but yes you can safely park on the street. Not being a car owner I guess others will fill you in on the zone info. I also checked with Union Car Parks which is on Southwark St and they are open throughout the weekend, their sign board says price over 9 hours is 15 and 8 overnight.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: