Bugaboo Bee Plus experiment

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 29 December 2012 11.23pm
Hello SE1,

We're expecting our first baby in 8 weeks and we would like to buy the Bugaboo bee plus buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, we live on the top floor with the tiniest lift (87x74cm with 60cm wide door) and we are not sure it will fit!

Would anybody be willing to come to Dockhead and try their bee in the lift before we splash out? We can offer tea or coffee and nice biscuits (and good karma) in return. :)
Sunday 30 December 2012 9.49am
For those not sure what a Bugaboo bee plus is, here is a short film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eUTb6Qzf9M
Zoe
Sunday 30 December 2012 2.09pm
Congratulations! You could buy it from somewhere like John Lewis, who will let you take it back if it doesn't fit. Order online and you have 7 days to return, from the distance selling regulations.

Not wanting to sound like your mum, but that's a lot of money for a stroller and while the folding mechanism is great, it fills that car boot in the video and it's not a small car. Perhaps something smaller and more basic might be better. I am sure you have considered all this of course, so apologies for being so boring, I just can't help myself :-)
Monday 31 December 2012 8.50am
We had one of these, and it fits fine into the back of a 12 year old VW Polo - so far as we could tell it was one of the smaller folding buggies you could get (some Maclarens etc are smaller, but not all of them are ideal for newborns). Shop around for the best price too - I was surprised at how many stores were prepared to discount on the spot if you suggested taking your custom elsewhere, particularly if you were about to do a big order e.g. bugaboo + car seat etc.
Monday 31 December 2012 10.45am
You might want to post this on the Boroughbabies yahoo group which has over 500 local parent members. Lots of parents have asked this similar question before.
http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/boroughbabies
Rebekah
Boroughbabies Moderator
Monday 31 December 2012 11.27am
Hi

I have a Bugaboo Bee. I just measured it and it seems the buggy will only just fit in. My concern though is where you would stand once it's in (even with handle all the way down). I love the buggy and I bought it specifically because it's super light and easy to carry up and down stairs (I'm too short to pick up the other Bugaboo models). Unfortunately, I would offer to come round but I'm alone with the 3 little ones at the mo and you live a little too far for me.
Julia
Monday 31 December 2012 11.29am
And I forgot. The Bugaboo's are expensive but my first one last 5years. The McClaren lasted 2 months.
Monday 31 December 2012 2.06pm
Hello Se1 again,

Thank you very much for your kind replies.

We've actually decided upon another stroller plus carrycot which has a slightly smaller frame. We have the the cot here and it fits comfortably in the lift.

The cot, buggy and footmuff were all on special offer because they are in autumnal colours. In the other colours altogether everything would have been more expensive than the bugaboo bee plus, but the out of season colour made everything about 100 cheaper than the bee.

The pushchair and frame will be delivered to us on Thursday so cross your eyes, fingers and toes that the cot in frame and pushchair in frame will fit in the lift (Im 85% confident)
Monday 31 December 2012 4.27pm
Microlite system are good.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: