Woolfson and Tay

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Thursday 3 January 2013 5.01pm
Have just heard that the fabulous Bermondsey Square bookshop Woolfson and Tay has shut down. It's apparently relocating. Very sad news indeed. Anyone know any more?
Thursday 3 January 2013 5.15pm
really-nothing on the site to suggest that is the case just says closed for hols? real shame if it were true
Thursday 3 January 2013 7.17pm
Their twitter account https://twitter.com/woolfsonandtay posted that they are closed for a holiday.
Thursday 3 January 2013 9.32pm
I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt until Monday 14th, being the date the event calendar on their website suggests they reopen after their holiday break
Thursday 3 January 2013 9.42pm
I walked past the shop and on the door they have put a notice saying that they have ceased to trade and that they will relocate in the near future.
Thursday 3 January 2013 10.20pm
They've posted on Facebook:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 3 January 2013 10.25pm
I think this is a hell of a shame, but I'm not all that surprised, as whenever I went in there I saw no one else spending any money. The same story as Crockatt and Powell, it seems to me: a good bookshop, run with enthusiasm and some imagination, but unsustainable in the current climate. I hope at least that the Riverside Bookshop in Hays Galleria can continue to thrive.
Thursday 3 January 2013 11.51pm
Oh dear. A great shame...
Friday 4 January 2013 9.34am
That is indeed a great pity.
Friday 4 January 2013 10.04am
I went in the night of the street xmas market and they were doing dicsounts. They told me they were not orderingin anymore stock before xmas. And now i know why. Very sad
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: