Picture framing

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 7 January 2013 12.44am
Can anyone please recommend a picture framer within walking distance of Borough High St? Many thanks.
Monday 7 January 2013 9.06am
There have been a few discussions on the forum about this over the years, so you might find something via the search function.

IIRC, general feelings were that Bijan on TBR are good, as are Pure and Applied on Bermondsey St, although P&A are likely to be more expensive. We have two or three things done by Bijan, and are very happy with them.

Isn't there still an art shop at the top end of BHS, opposite the HSBC?

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 7 January 2013 9.10am
Ivanhoe wrote:
Isn't there still an art shop at the top end of BHS, opposite the HSBC?
No - it's going to be (another) branch of Subway.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 7 January 2013 10.23am
Oh, how dismal. I suppose it will be invaluable for the Subway addicts who find it too far to walk a couple of hundred yards south for their Olympian healthy lunch.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 7 January 2013 12.30pm
A friend, Sam, has a framing studio in the Alaska Buildings. We've just had 2 painitings framed and were very pleased with the work, so I'm not just plugging a friend's business without having used it! look up se1pictureframes.co.uk
Monday 7 January 2013 12.35pm
Southbank Art on London Road are very near and good. I've switched to Bijan on Tower Bridge Road because I think they do a better job, but the price reflects this.
Monday 7 January 2013 1.38pm
Please avoid the framers on the Cut.
Monday 7 January 2013 4.53pm
Two branches of Sunway within c. 100 metres? Bizarre.

I thought they were a franchise model. If I owned the original one next to Costa I'd be pretty displeased.
Monday 7 January 2013 9.58pm
Second bajin on tbr they are fab
Tuesday 8 January 2013 2.01pm
Thanks for the recommendations. Much appreciated.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: