Chicken Cottage rat(s)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 9 January 2013 5.00pm
I never go into these places but was with someone on Monday (well, technically Tuesday since it was just after midnight) who bought some chicken from the one next to Borough tube station (226 Borough High Street). While waiting I saw a large rat come out from under one of the fryers for a moment. I was surprised no-one else saw it, although not hard to guess why the staff might have been in denial. Am on the phone now to Southwark Council Environmental Dept.
Wednesday 9 January 2013 6.48pm
Seen a rat in Roxy Bar and Screen as well.
Wednesday 9 January 2013 8.08pm
London folks should eat at "Chicken <insert word>" places at their peril.

* <insert word> is normally:

There is a video guide of what to avoid here.

This is my personal opinion, of course.
Wednesday 9 January 2013 8.43pm
If you ask for chicken legs and they say, "Front or back?"
Walk away!
Wednesday 9 January 2013 9.16pm
I'd imagine there are very few food outlets/restaurants that don't face a constant battle against rodents. It doesn't automatically mean that they are failing on food hygiene.
Wednesday 9 January 2013 9.30pm
Thanks for posting the video, BossStBloke. Made me deeply nostalgic for the bad gas website, with its amazing gallery of fried chicken places...each one better than the last. erm...the outside signage, anyway.
Wednesday 9 January 2013 9.45pm
Ah yes!

I searched for the "Bad Gas" site, but could not find it and it's Chicken Outlet eye openers.

It was a great response to anyone thinking they are not all that bad!
Thursday 10 January 2013 9.26am
I drove through Brockley the other evening and saw a chicken shop called “Bertie Roosters”, I’m hoping the staff wear plus fours, monocles etc
Thursday 10 January 2013 10.38am
As Guy's street says there is a constant battle against rodents in London.

That particular fast food outlet has a council food hygiene rating of 4 (Good), so their procedures must of been fairly OK at the last inspection -
Thursday 10 January 2013 11.36am
I had to chaperone a pest controller a few months back
in work,after a conversation with him you might consider never eating out again.He told me that he is wary about eating out in London but he would definitely never ever eat in China town/Soho,said that area was absoutely running alive with them and that he and his colleagues rarely gain access to the restaurants,they just snatch the sticky things and shut the door on them,the ones he can get into will have the sticky things down and all that would be on them would be the odd chewed off limb,he held the rats in quite high regard using the Latin for rat (I think).
We called him Willard.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: