Desperate for paint today

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 11 January 2013 3.08pm
Hi, does anyone know of a paint shop in SE1 which sells Johnstone's satin one coat paint? I was using a colour called frosted silver to paint the hall banisters etc and have completely run out of it. B & Q don't stock it and FADS in Walworth Road have closed down. I bought it in Elephant & Castle but the shop is having delivery problems.
Friday 11 January 2013 3.22pm
There's a place on Southwark Street called Leyland SDM. They might have it.
Friday 11 January 2013 3.27pm
Thanks Gavin. Rang them but they don't have it. It is a new colour and has obviously been popular. I shall just have to wait!
Friday 11 January 2013 3.28pm
There's a Travis Perkins on Blackfriars Roadwho do paint as well.
Friday 11 January 2013 3.31pm
Thanks. Tried them. Unfortunately they only keep Dulux in stock.
Friday 11 January 2013 3.38pm
Not in SE1, but there's another Leyland paint shop in Farringdon Road. Up near Mount Pleasant in the old post office. I think they're bigger than the Southwark Street one, so may be worth a try if you're anywhere near there. Easy to get to from Blackfriars Road - 63 bus stops almost outside. Good luck.
Friday 11 January 2013 3.46pm
Thanks but I have now given up. If they don't stock a particular brand in one store they usually don't have it. I shall just leave the place half painted and my visitors will have to put up with it! Thanks anyway, everyone. I shall spring clean some cupboards instead.
Sunday 13 January 2013 10.29am
Is there still a National Wallpaper store near wyndham road, camberwell road? you can tell i dont get out often!
Sunday 13 January 2013 11.36am
Jan the old one wrote:
Is there still a National Wallpaper store near wyndham road, camberwell road? you can tell i dont get out often!

It closed a few years ago, used as a ministry last time I went by.
Sunday 13 January 2013 1.56pm
Thank you Peter, that shop was absolutely brilliant what they did not know about decorators tools was not worth knowing! memo to self...must get out more!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: