Car service

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 11 January 2013 3.30pm
hi, any tips / reccommendations for getting a car serviced, thanks Steve
Friday 11 January 2013 3.53pm
Millenium Garage on Gt Suffolk St.

As many on here will testify, they are great.

(No connection other than as a happy customer)

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 11 January 2013 4.16pm
Millenium are very good, but there's also a very good garage on Abbey Street called General Autos (020 7237 3444), just by the railway arch. I've used them a few times now and they're very good. They're also not in the CC zone.

I have no connection with them, save that I've used their services on a few occasions.
Friday 11 January 2013 8.11pm
Agree with Gavin - General Autos are way ahead of the local pack.

They even have their own thread here!.

I don't change oil for them - but they are a lifeboat in a sea of cowboys.
Friday 11 January 2013 11.07pm
thanks for the advice, Steve
Monday 14 January 2013 3.15pm
I strongly recommend Albany Garage, Mina Road, OKR, for services and MOT. Friendly, efficient and never suggest work that doesn't need doing.
Monday 14 January 2013 3.24pm
Nice tip for General Autos. I hadn't picked up on them being mentioned on here before.

Always good to know this sort of thing.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 25 January 2013 7.43am
I've been using Blackfen Garage @ 636 Old Kent Rd.... they are very good and get everything sorted out quickly and very reasonably
Friday 25 January 2013 2.40pm
I had a complete engine rebuild on my black cab at Blackfen Garage, pistons, liners, the whole nine yards, it was known as Blackfen Taxis to me at the time.
It was off the road for 7 working days as the parts had to be ordered and delivered.
As I recall the bill was around 2150.00 which I considered to be a result at the time. The cab ran like a dream from then on until I finally sold it some 7 years later.
The proprioter's name was Norman I think, and he was a perfectionist.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: