Helicopter crash?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 16 January 2013 8.16am
Just heard on radio five live - any news locally?

Related news & features

Wednesday 16 January 2013 8.22am
Seems to be down near St George's Wharf, near Vauxhall Cross

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 16 January 2013 8.49am
I think it's by Sainsburys at Vauxhall
ADT
Wednesday 16 January 2013 9.13am
Wandsworth Road. Pictures on this site's front page Twitter feed. Seems like an accident with tall crane/low cloud. I saw a fire engine heading that way from Blackfriars on my way into the office. BBC have a 'live' story running on their website.
Wednesday 16 January 2013 9.16am
Anyone who lives in SE1 is well aware of the amount of helicopter traffic there around here & how uncontrolled it seems to be.
While I do not wish the deaths or suffering that this crash has caused maybe the powers that be may do something about imposing control & restrictions.
This helicopter could easily have flipped & crashed on the station & we would be looking at a lot more casulties.
Wednesday 16 January 2013 9.24am
And maybe a word should be made here about the Fire Brigade cuts currently being imposed; with old Kent Road station being closed for a year and moved to Deptford, the Southwark bridge road station being closed permanently, Borough and Bankside's closest station is going to be over the river.
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/6361
Wednesday 16 January 2013 9.51am
I live just across the river from the building in question and it is normally visible from my balcony. This morning I could not see the building at all because of fog, so I cannot imagine what the pilot was dealing with.

There's a lot of traffic in the area because there is a helipad in battersea, very close to where this happened.
Wednesday 16 January 2013 10.17am
Sidney wrote:
This helicopter could easily have flipped & crashed on the station & we would be looking at a lot more casulties.

Awful as this event is, I loathe all the speculation that feeds off such incidents before all the facts are known. And, unbelievably, someone in a vox-pop interview has suggested the police were slow because 'they didn't arrive within seconds and took at least 5 minutes for them to arrive'. Jeez...
Wednesday 16 January 2013 10.34am
Sidney wrote:
Anyone who lives in SE1 is well aware of the amount of helicopter traffic there around here & how uncontrolled it seems to be.
While I do not wish the deaths or suffering that this crash has caused maybe the powers that be may do something about imposing control & restrictions.

By the time you protect against every potential risk in the world, which have infinitely small chances of happening, the level of regulation becomes ludicrous.

You live in London. Its a major financial and corporate city. Helicopters are a reality of that.
Wednesday 16 January 2013 10.35am
Definitely the copter crashed into the crane beside THe Tower, part of St George's Wharf. Saw it all on Sky. Two dead, but so lucky it wasnt more..
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: