Cleaner recommendation

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
CGB
Friday 18 January 2013 12.45pm
Hi all,

My cleaning lady is looking to take on extra work in the SE1 area, as a couple of families she was working for upped sticks and left the country. I have employed her for a couple of years now and have always found her reliable and hard working, and she irons beautifully!

She is a Lithuanian middle-aged-ish lady but speaks English.
If anyone is looking to get a cleaner, please contact her. Her name is Vale and she is on 07846 616003.

Happy to provide further references if you pm me.

Cherers!
Friday 18 January 2013 9.49pm
How much does she charge per hour?
CGB
Friday 18 January 2013 11.50pm
Hi, I sent you a pm
Tx
Thursday 24 January 2013 12.58pm
Hi CGB, please could you also let me know how much she charges per hour?
Thanks
Rebecca
HAQ
Sunday 27 January 2013 11.39am
Vale has been cleaning for me for the last 9 years, she is trust worthy and reliable. If anyone is looking for a cleaner in SE1 or Canary Wharf area please get in touch with her.
Friday 6 September 2013 4.46pm
Hi there

I am very disappointed by the cleaning Vale provided. I had hired her based on the recommendations here. From the beginning I was not at all impressed by the cleaning as she does not follow instructions or do a good job but kept her on while I hunted for another cleaner. I finally gave Vale notice. I am never at home when she comes in so cannot monitor her but was at home during her last 2 cleaning sessions during her notice period. On the second last cleaning session, I noticed she did 15 minutes less which she herself acknowledged and promised me she will compensate next time. Next time I was again at home and when I asked her to do extra time to compensate, she flatly refused saying nobody counts every minute and 10-15 minutes should not matter (15 mins matter to me if I am paying by the hour!). When I stressed the fact that she should do the extra cleaning as she had promised that she would, she was extremely unprofessional, said she wont do it, shouted, kicked the door and the kicked a box lying near the door all the while calling me crazy!!! I have never had a cleaner/anyone behaving this way and was physically scared that she may kick me next!

When she started at my place she also gave me a list of things she wont do. for e.g. she told me she wont use any products with any kind of bleach so we had to buy new products, will only use disposable wipes on the floors and tiles and not the mop, etc. and we bought those too. Makes me wonder why she is in the cleaning business!

With all the list of "wont do-s", I had my doubts about her cleaning and can confirm that the cleaning is not at all up to standard! Coupled with the very very bad attitude, I am very surprised by the good recommendations on this forum. Also since I am never at home when she comes in I very much doubt she has been cleaning for the full 3 hours I was paying her for as the cleaning didn't show it!
CGB
Tuesday 10 September 2013 8.47pm
Oh dear, sorry it didn't work out well. It is almost as if we are talking about two different women here, my experience is totally different (otherwise I wouldnt of course have given a recommendation). I mean, bleach is used in my bathroom...and a mop used on the floor (I mean, disposable wipes? yuck!)
Totally dumbfounded here! Just dont know what else to say.
At any rate, I hope you have better luck next time in finding somebody suitable at least...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: