Residents Parking Permits

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 22 January 2013 11.04am
Parking permit renewal time again. Simple - just go online with the renewal PIN number. The renewal letter kindly reminds me that as we have a hybrid vehicle we get a discount. But for the last three years and again today, the online system does not take this into account. The letter makes no mention that, actually, the PIN we've created is useless, unless you're happy to pay full whack (i.e. an extra 94 quid - weirdly I'm not). Can't remember what I need to do.

Get through to parking (on a line that makes it almost impossible to understand him) to a man who tells me that 'the council sends out those letters - I can't do anything about it'. I ask him who we works for. 'The council'. And they say it's not as bad as they say it is.

Apparently I have to send in my log book. This is a renewal. The third renewal. You have seen my log book. Four times already. Why do I need once again to prove that my vehicle (whose make and model you know full well) is a hybrid, and go through a full application again? You're not asking me to prove it's still a hybrid, just that it was when I bought it. I've already done that four times.

I ask him his name. 'VJ'. I ask again - as in 'Veejay'? No, he replies. As in 'V.J.' I want to, but I do not say, 'no mate, that is not your name'. I want to, but I do not say 'I remember now. Last year. Can I not speak to the helpful man I spoke to last year? Because you sound almost dead. Deadish. Unpleasant. Not helpful. Making it worse'. I do ask 'is there a manager I can speak to'. He replies 'it doesn't matter - no-one can help you'. I want to, but I do not, congratulate him for formulating two new Southwark Council mottoes in one sentence.

I'm not expecting any help. I am a wolluf. This forum is the moon.

Still... does anyone know of anyone I can contact to raise this load of bobbins with? Is there a higher parking power? A responsive, powerful complaints department?
Tuesday 22 January 2013 11.32am
You probably won't get any further with their outsourced parking "service".

Try your councillor.
Tuesday 22 January 2013 11.40am
Alas i fear there is no power on this earth that could help you against Southwark Parking. Maybe call again and hope that you dont get through to 'VJ'. If i call Southwark and get through to someone that as you so accurately put it, sounds 'almost dead' i just hang up and redial, usually getting through to someone else. Its just luck of the draw if you get a helpful person or not. I tend to find those who answer email quires a little more helpful. Here are the email addresses parking@southwark.gov.uk and estatesparking@southwark
.gov.uk (i would inc both but the 'estate' one is prob the one you want) or if all else fails complaints@southwark.gov.uk haha. (Just remember to include your ref numbers and adress etc or they will just delay the whole request) Good luck
Tuesday 22 January 2013 1.40pm
I put an official complaint in about the procedure (ha ha indeed), then I rang parking back. Got through to a 'Jay', or maybe just 'J', mates with 'VJ'. Is Southwark twinned with Sesame Street?

Anyway. And. Lo! He basically looked my vehicle up on the DVLA database, said 'yes, that's a hybrid' and took the discounted payment over the phone. Which next to the computer system actually doing what it's supposed to is about as good as it could get.

Anyway, as mckendrick5851 states above. Ring back. Get someone pleasant to speak to. In this situation don't let them fob you off with a 'do the whole application again' comment.
Tuesday 22 January 2013 2.13pm
APcoA have successfully rebid for the contract to run Southwark's parking services for another 4(?) years, from April.

Email me [url=mailto:office@grahamneale.com] if you really are pulling your hair out.
Cllr Graham Neale
(Southwark Shadow cabinet - Transport & Environment)
Wednesday 23 January 2013 11.46am
It took me a lot of effort and chasing to get a parking permit. The documents I had initially been asked for and sent in were apparently incorrect so I had to send further documents; calls went through to an answerphone so I left messages which received no response; emails received what seemed to be standard replies. I finally spoke to someone very helpful who was rather apologetic and after two months I received my parking permit.

I suggest keeping a log of phone calls, emails and letters and mentioning it in correspondence.

Good luck.
Wednesday 23 January 2013 1.37pm
See my follow-up post above. I managed to get hold of one of Lurch's more helpful colleagues and it's been sorted now.
Saturday 26 January 2013 10.11am
I can't help you with your parking permit problems but there is a way to begin to identify the zombies who work for the council. The zombie is obliged to give only their first name when asked so one gets the response "John or Pat or even Veejay" and as we know their will be a lot of zombies with those names who we will be unable to identify in any complaint we may make.
Ask for their council identification reference name/number of employment, once you have that the council can then take up your complaint against the individual whereas they cannot with Veejay which may be a nom-de-plume anyway. Usually the zombie will try to persuade you that there is no such internal identification method but be persistent.
"THEY DON'T LIKE IT COMING BACK AT THEM" to paraphrase Corporal Jones.
Saturday 26 January 2013 10.51am
A really insulting sneering post Bunhouse to the majority of Council staff who work hard under difficult circumstances.
Saturday 26 January 2013 5.06pm
graham wrote:
APcoA have successfully rebid for the contract to ruIn Southwark's parking services for another 4(?) years, from April.

Email me [url=mailto:office@grahamneale.com] if you really are pulling your hair out.
Cllr Graham Neale
(Southwark Shadow cabinet - Transport & Environment)

I've fixed your post for accuracy!!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: