Waterloo Zeitgeist

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 24 January 2013 1.50pm
Got a couple of paintings in this show at 14 Baylis Road until 28 Feb but no Saturdays. Group show with around 14 local artists.
Saturday 26 January 2013 3.17pm
A bit excited. Just sold a painting!
Saturday 26 January 2013 9.45pm
well done!

I had a drawing in Southwark Cathedral recently but nobody wanted to buy it!
Sunday 27 January 2013 7.50am
Thanks. I think I just struck lucky!
Zoe
Sunday 27 January 2013 7.58am
I don't think people always realise that those in Southwark Cathedral are for sale and as British people we are too polite to ask.
Sunday 27 January 2013 6.09pm
I think you are right there Zoe. I was at Zeitgeist today and people were being very British and polite. My buyer was American so that might explain it.

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Sunday 27 January 2013 6.58pm
I visited the exhibition, picked up a flyer on the way in and wandered around, alone. I did not see one bit of information that the paintings were for sale, none had a price attached and I did not see one that was red stickered. Others like me probably did not realise that it was an exhibition/sale of paintings, I would venture to suggest that on entering there should be a sign informing visitors that the paintings are for sale accompanied by a list that identifies the paintings numerically, by title and the artist's name.
'Nuff criticism,( constructive I hope )However I did enjoy the exhibition, it certainly brightened up a miserable cold day, I'm suprised there was not anybody sheltering from the elements.
I fell in love with the overhead view of the dancers ( cannot remember the title) but it is too large for my limited wallspace otherwise I would have made enquiries.
Well staged just more information next time please
Sunday 27 January 2013 11.50pm
Thanks. I agree. Will pass your comments on to the organiser. I think the idea was just to show some work done by local people and the people invigilating have a list of paintings and prices and the artists details if anyone wished to buy anything. I was lucky enough to be there when I had an enquiry about the piece I sold.

Monday 28 January 2013 8.43am
Oh, and there was no red dot because I had replaced the painting as my buyer was returning to America the next day.

Monday 28 January 2013 10.47am
I forgot to congratulate you on your sale. Well done. It must be very satisfying and must be encouraging you in your efforts.
Were any other artists successful in getting a sale?
I attended because a lady was on duty outside and gave me the flyer, perhaps a larger sign announcing the event and the fact that all paintings are for sale could be placed outside well in advance of the actual exhibitionand during the course of it.
Well done Chavender and please keep us informed of any future exhibitions.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: