Simon Hughes 30 years celebrations

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Saturday 26 January 2013 11.52am
Just received an email inviting me to the celebrations of Simon Hughes 30 years as an MP. Tickets 140 and 40 depending on what you get. I am sure there will be a lot of his voters who can't afford 40 for an evening out.

COME ON SIMON how are you going to celebrate with the rest of your community!
Saturday 26 January 2013 2.37pm
Glibson wrote:
I am sure there will be a lot of his voters who can't afford 40 for an evening out.
I wonder if Peter John will be after another freebie?
Sunday 27 January 2013 5.38pm
Probably plenty of people at the trough!

I have just had a response to my response to the invite to say that there will be lots of free events later in the year, just not with canapes and wine I suspect. Maybe they could charge a fiver and provide crisps and beer for us folk that can't afford the more upmarket stuff.
Sunday 27 January 2013 6.56pm
It's sounds like it's more of a fundraiser for upcoming electoral contests than anything else.
Monday 28 January 2013 11.09am
I suspect it is a bowing out party as Mr. Hughes waves goodbye to his paliamentary career. At least he will have the satisfaction of collecting a pension of over 40,000 at our expense whilst he has been supporting cuts, in real terms, for any benefit claimant, the destruction of the NHS, extra expense in tuition fees and the removal of EMA.
So far the pensioners have escaped but I hear the rumble of discontent being promoted by the right wingers exclaiming that pensioners have never had it so good and should make their contribution and I'm sure Simon Hughes can find it in his heart and conscience to support such ideas along with his new best friends Ian and Duncan Smith (apologies to Paul Merton).
Monday 28 January 2013 11.32am
Thebunhouse wrote:
I suspect it is a bowing out party as Mr. Hughes waves goodbye to his paliamentary career.

You wont be the first person to think that Simon Hughes is going to lose the next GE. I'm not so sure, should be a closer race than it has been in the past though.
Tuesday 29 January 2013 8.31am
Time to go, Mr Hughes, time to go.
Tuesday 29 January 2013 9.58am
Vote Jackie Rokotnitz. The people's MP for Bermondsey and Old Southwark!
Wednesday 30 January 2013 12.47am
A party is a party! It should be free...
Wednesday 30 January 2013 8.32am
Gosh Truthmonkey...you are too kind!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: