GP? OKR area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 27 January 2013 1.35pm
Ive just moved to OKR and wonder if anyone can recommend which GP practices are good/ to avoid at all costs. NHS choices site makes me hesitate about a few inc Decima street & Dunn Cow. Thinking Bradford & Partners in East Street might be best. Any advice or comments greatly appreciated.
Sunday 27 January 2013 3.11pm
Decima Street does it for me looks after everyone from young to old, emergency appointments, on the day appointments, two surgeries. Doctors are all good, I'm sure its not perfect nowhere is but gets my vote.
Sunday 27 January 2013 4.28pm
Princess Street Group Practice just off Elephant And Castle roundabout is our practice and we have had good experience as patients there. I believe it's one of the best rated in the local area and only ever a 5 minute bus journey away.

Best of luck.
Sunday 27 January 2013 6.17pm
I've been with Decima St nearly 20 years and always found them excellent. I see the same GP most times and she has got to know me and my complicated health issues.

I don't know what the Dun Cow is like -used to drink there when it was a pub in the 70s!

I had a read through some of the reviews for a number of surgeries (yes, I have way too much time on my hands!)and I get the impression that people with negative experiences are always more likely to write in. Usually I have good experiences with staff in all kinds of situations and wouldn't dream of posting as such, but if I have a bad experience I'd be much more likely to complain.

Anyway, I hope you find a surgery that's right for you.
Sunday 27 January 2013 11.10pm
I was formerly with the Dun Cow surgery. but very unimpressed by the willingness of reception staff to discuss patients in front of other patients in the reception area. I'm now with the trafalgar ave surgery which is generally good... ( one particular GP has a predilection for engaging more with his computer than with his patient). V impressed with Dr Maniani at this surgery.
Monday 28 January 2013 12.10pm
I would add my vote for Princess Street. I was reluctant to register with a GP but this surgery has changed my mind. They do almost anything and I've yet to see a GP I didn't like.
Monday 28 January 2013 1.39pm
Decima street is excellent, a friend of mine was at Princess street, she thinks highly of them...but as for the Dun Cow no, no, no, slightly biased as a young cousin of mine begged and pleaded for a doctor visit for a very young baby and receptionist turned her down full stop! the baby was later seen in casualty! and seriously the people who I have spoken to in the past have not been very keen on this surgery. It may have changed in the last ten years.
Tuesday 29 January 2013 5.50pm
If you have time, do what my mom did & interview people on their way out. She learned a lot !
Friday 15 February 2013 11.47am
Sorry it has taken a wee while to thank you all for your suggestions, taken a while to get internet set up post move. But thank you all.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: