The View from the Shard

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 27 January 2013 6.29pm
Not sure who was responsible for the 4000 free tickets for residents, but I would like to thank them; I would never have gone up there at 25 a time, so I was glad of the free ticket.
Sunday 27 January 2013 7.13pm
It was a PR initiative fom the developers, administered by Southwark.

I also went up yesterday - we were so fortunate to have sunshine, after such a murky week - and my guests and I all thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

All the staff were friendly and courteous; the lifts were swift and smooth; the gift shop, not too tacky; the view? Fantastic.

Even the window cleaners appeared - at the very top - and gave us a wave and a smile :-)

Thank you to the Shard folk and to Southwark Council.
Sunday 27 January 2013 7.25pm
Yes very pleased to have been given the opportunity to go up there (and for free!). Thanks to those involved in making this happen.

For those who couldn't make it, my pics are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zefrog/sets/72157632619850126
Sunday 27 January 2013 9.43pm
Also took advantage of the free tickets and enjoyed the experience but, will not be paying the ridiculous entrance fee in the future. The Shard should take inspiration from the Eiffel Tower that charge a much more reasonable 14 entrance fee.
Sunday 27 January 2013 10.49pm
zefrog, thanks for the link to your photos, they are absolutely fantastic, really captured it, my hands went on the window cleaner ones! Can't wait to go up.
Sunday 27 January 2013 10.51pm
emmab wrote:
zefrog, thanks for the link to your photos, they are absolutely fantastic

Seconded! Love the one of the wobbly bridge...
Monday 28 January 2013 2.20pm
Me too - I'd like to thank the developers and Southwark for sorting it out. Brilliant idea and couldn't have asked for better weather. And great photos Zefrog. Mine are pretty rubbish in comparison!
Monday 28 January 2013 2.29pm
Thank you all for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed them :)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: