Cobbler-Redcross Way (Cobblers Nest)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 29 January 2013 12.14pm
I used to get my shoes mended by the cobbler local to my work. Now that i'm staying at home, i thought i'd try the local guy at Redcross Way. Well, first it was "come and pick up Monday at midday". Then it was 4pm same day. Then it was pick up tomorrow instead. Which became "come back in one hour". I still don't have my shoes back!
Unlucky or waste of time and time to find new cobbler? And if so, does anyone have any recommendations for a good cobbler in Borough?

Thank you
Tuesday 29 January 2013 12.23pm
They can be a bit eccentric but have always done a very good job of my shoes
Tuesday 29 January 2013 1.40pm
He is good, yes. I think he has less passing trade in his new location (he used to be on Borough High Street) and unfortunately his opening hours seem to be reduced. It will be hard running a small business these days but being shut sometimes during normal business hours won't help!
Tuesday 29 January 2013 5.57pm
He's a nice guy, but his idea of being 'Open' is a little erratic.
Tuesday 29 January 2013 10.58pm
Understood. Thanks for your replies!
Wednesday 30 January 2013 8.10am
He's an excellent cobbler but he does talk some as well ;)
You'd be had pressed to find one as good about here although there are cheaper ones such as the on TBR but I wouldn't let the lad with the glasses theer lick my boots let alone mend them.
Wednesday 30 January 2013 9.29am
Ad his a genuine local, he used to be in that little shed spot under the bridge on Southwark Bridge Rd, directly opposite the Island Cafe, before moving to BHS.
Wednesday 30 January 2013 9.44am
I can also vouch for this chap, a real character and the kind of quirky shop owner we need to preserve in this ever more bland world ! Had a long chat with him when I discovered his (not so) new location and listened to his tale of woe about how his previous landlord on Borough High St. had treated him badly and called in the bailiffs, resulting in a period of depression before he got back on his feet. And as others say, he is good at his job and deserves our business !
Wednesday 30 January 2013 11.05am
Perhaps this should be a new thread, but whilst we're on the subject of sui generis business hours, has anyone spotted an open/closed pattern for Gossip (the hairdresser)?. I haven't!
Wednesday 30 January 2013 11.12am
h a ha I have thought the same ....
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: