Parking at Guy's Hospital

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 29 January 2013 4.27pm
Attending hospital today apart from the normal chaos in the patient drop off area, there were cars parked so badly they took up three spaces, but worse of all there were 2 cars parked on the double yellow lines immediately near the AM Coffee shop actually in the road. An oil tanker had great trouble trying to manouvre past them which then held up all the vehicles trying to leave the hospital car park and ones trying to enter.

There used to be a great parking attendant there who controlled the parking, could not see him today? But would he have been able to prevent the idiot drivers parking so stupidly (double parked on the yellow lines) even though the drivers had the Blue badges?

If not the parking officers should go down and monitor the great maze road bit in the hospital!

Do the hospital not own the area near the previous A.E. where ambulances,hospital vehicles used to pull in?
Tuesday 29 January 2013 5.29pm
Sounds horrendous - I have to rely on a cab to get to Guys as the bus routes are way too far away for me to walk. Most hospitals are close to bus routes, but not Guys - apart from the infrequent 381 and even that isn't going down St Thomas St because of all the works.

Hope all is well, Jan, I've started going to St Thomas for routine blood tests, easier to get to!
Wednesday 30 January 2013 1.13pm
The hospital seems to allow people to park almost anywhere - I'm guessing its their maanaged road rather than Southwark's. I walk through there every day to and from work and some days its chaos like this morning....a situation made worse by the major building work going on to the tower and all the deliveries for that.
Wednesday 30 January 2013 3.51pm
Jan - you could call Guy's Admin and ask them, whilst telling them how inconvenient it all is.

I am fortunate in that I live close by so I can walk in, but I see the chaos on an almost daily basis.

Guy's: [020] 7188 7188
Wednesday 30 January 2013 8.02pm
Hi Jan, there's an NCP on Kipling Street a stones throw from the hospital which I always use. I wouldn't even bother trying to park in the hospital and presumably if you can afford to drive in London the NCP fee for that location which is 4.50 should not pose a problem.
Wednesday 30 January 2013 10.10pm
Jinkazama, I was on on foot! lol...well to be more accurate travelled by mini-cab there and back, on arriving cabbie had to drop me off in the road which can be hazardous to his car as well as me, the amount of time I take to get out is unbelievable! When I phoned a cab to collect me he could only get a little way in and somehow managed to park then it took ages to get out of the car park.

A six pound trip took him over 25 minutes! poor devil..
Thursday 31 January 2013 3.01pm
Just to add to the problems going to Guys , and unfortunately I have another 2 appointments in the next 3 weeks. From the 4th Feb. for 18 months driving in that area will be a nightmare for drivers, hospital cars, and even staff. Construction work is being carried out which will affect Snowsfields, Crosby Row, with suspension of car parking bays in Crosby Row.

Plus there is works carried out by thames water in Shand Street, alternative routes include Crucifix Lane! again for 18months.. If i could get on a 'orse I would...can't even rely on Shanky's Pony! lol
Thursday 31 January 2013 10.11pm
Would it be easier to get the cab to go down St Thomas Street, which as it's closed is access only, which should you more time to get out. It's a fairly short walk to the front entrance from there.
Thursday 31 January 2013 10.19pm
Unfortunately Zoe the complaint I have can render me of being unable to breathe on a bad day...and walk and talk on a good day! :-)
Thursday 31 January 2013 10.53pm
Is there something someone can do to help you get there comfortably on your next 2 appointments?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: