Vodafone signal petition

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 29 January 2013 5.13pm
For those of you like myself and many others who have a miserable time of it in SE1 with Vodafone, someone has started an online petition...

Tuesday 29 January 2013 6.08pm
To be honest cant fault the Vodafone signal where I am in se1, the only place I have trouble is when I visit one of my children in Gravesend! Find myself doing acrobatics trying to get signal in her house, so does she and she is vodafone.
Tuesday 29 January 2013 6.57pm
Vodafone seem to be one of the better providers, in terms on signal strength, in SE1. Only Voda low signal I found was near Shad Thames/Mill Street area - but it was still to make a call.

Since I switched to 3 I have never found a black spot in SE1.
Tuesday 29 January 2013 7.11pm
From Shad Thames where I live, walking all the way along the river past City Hall, Hays, LB, and then on to work in EC4, I struggle to use the 3G network.
On top of that, I get zero phone reception bars in my flat, which is supposedly helped by a sure signal box. I am in the process of sending my 2nd one of those back as it has died, which is also a nightmare. I cannot wait to get off Vodafone.

O2 which was bad for phone signal seems to be fine now, 5 bars in my flat. Would be keen to hear how the 3G is?

Orange was good for phone, patchy on 3G when I was with them 18m ago, don't know if that's improved?

Interesting to hear '3' is good, is that for 3G or phone...although isn't their customer service terrible?

Tuesday 29 January 2013 7.19pm
Yes, 3 is a 3G provider and in fact I get a 3.5G signal in most of SE1.

The odd time I have called 3 I found them to be very good.

I am on a 3 SIM only plan - details here.

Top tip - grab a free 3 pay-as-you-go SIM and give their network a try. This is what I did - the signal is fantastic. But grab one and take your phone for a walk and see how you get on. Details here.
Tuesday 29 January 2013 7.50pm
That's very useful thanks!

I did rule 3 out and was looking at GiffGaff (O2 network) which have similar 12 p/m all you can eat data packages...but have ordered the payg SIM to try.
Think I will need to get my phone unlocked by Voda, but was going to have to do that anyway....cheers.
Tuesday 29 January 2013 9.54pm
Tuesday 29 January 2013 10.20pm
I am with Vodafone and have very bad reception in my flat. I live near the Bricklayers Arms roundabout. It's so bad I am even considering switching to O2 since their reception is better where I live.

Thanks! I'll sign the petition.
Wednesday 30 January 2013 1.02pm
Signed. Thanks for posting.
Wednesday 30 January 2013 1.30pm
I never quite understand why people have problems where they live with their mobile phone signal unless the nearest mast is having technical problems or they have recently moved. Surely when getting a new phone its not just about seeing which phone you like best and which sim/contract/payg you prefer but which network provides the best signal where you intened to use your phone most....but from experience with many of my friends they just don't think about the 3rd part of the equation until its too late.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: