Finding my dentist

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 5 February 2013 7.05pm
I had not been to see my dentist for 18th months when I phoned to make appointment was amazed to get appointment for the following week, turning up I found the practice was no longer run/owned by him.

I stayed and let the new dentist look in my mouth and slap 2 temp.fillings in and she told me I needed further work which I know is true. But I was not happy the quick way she cleaned my teeth..in ten seconds. Do not feel reassured going back. Want to track my old dentist down as my blood pressure was rocketing when I came out.

Is there any way I can source his new surgery?
Zoe
Tuesday 5 February 2013 7.18pm
Was it the one near East Street Library?
Tuesday 5 February 2013 9.31pm
Thats the one Zoe...were you his patient too? :-)
Tuesday 5 February 2013 9.40pm
Jan, would you Adam and Eve it? The website of the British Dental Association has a search engine called Find A Dentist into which you can enter surnames (like McCaverty, Phil or whatever):

http://www.bda-findadentist.org.uk/
Zoe
Tuesday 5 February 2013 10.27pm
I do have the same one and I know what you mean, I wasn't too sure either. Dr Ng retired apparently, though he can't have been much over 40. I have to say, the new receptionist is a bit more friendly than before, wouldn't be hard though.
Wednesday 6 February 2013 10.39am
Hi Zoe,

went online to follow the link provided by Lionel but he was not on there unless he has another practice in the practice name.
Then went onto the gda site and believe it or not found his home address, registration number etc., he is still licensed until dec 2013. Phoned the gda number and it was suggested that i write to Charles at that address, if I did that the poor man would think he is being stalked! On the other hand he may not even be in London and has returned to Malaysia, I am dithering at the moment. He qualified in 1985 so I suppose he must be about 50ish but looks very young. So will phone the Advance Dental Practice and see if they accept old biddys on NHS! lol
jantoo
Zoe
Wednesday 6 February 2013 10.20pm
Perhaps you could send him a quick note to say some of his ex patients were wondering if he will be working again and if not, wish him a happy retirement.

I don't feel anywhere near as motivated to floss now, knowing he won't be lecturing me about it.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: