Tesco Tooley Street New Tills

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8
Thursday 7 February 2013 10.53am
Hi. Does anyone else have a problem with the new till layout that's just been installed at Tesco Metro Tooley Street? It's OK (and very cosy) if you want to buy a sandwich and a drink but the weighing area is now so small now its a complete nightmare if you want to do a regular shop.
Thursday 7 February 2013 11.34am
hi i was confused too initially but a assistant showed me after placing a few items in top shelf the red light on tills turns green allowing you to put bag at your feet. hope this helps
Thursday 7 February 2013 11.59am
Thanks - neither the assistant or manager I spoke to seemed to suggest that on Monday when I went in! Trouble is, I always take a bag with me, and there's no way that'll fit on the new tills. By the sounds of things I'll now need to load my bag in stages, which rather defeats their desire for a quick turnover though don't you think? Anyway, went to Waitrose instead last night. Much better/easier/plesant.
Thursday 7 February 2013 1.37pm
Hi,
I complained last night to the duty manger. He was very polite and explained that you can take the bags off and put on the floor. I then pointed out I don't really like to put my food on the floor (dirt, trip hazard for others etc).

I also pointed out that the space around the new till is rather restricted so anyone with mobility issues might have difficulty. I did ask if they could think about adding in a couple of the old tills with more space on the end of the sections.

Please do speak to the duty manger to voice your concerns as they can't respond if we don't give them feedback
Thursday 7 February 2013 6.38pm
Hate the sound of all this automatic till stuff. Do they still have real humans scanning as well? If not, I'm off!
Thursday 7 February 2013 7.19pm
They do, DebraG but not at a proper till space. they're all stood behind the customer service counter. It's a bit awkward.

When this Tesco opened everything was the same price as a large Tesco, not a mini one. About a week before these recent changes prices went up.
Thursday 7 February 2013 7.29pm
I checked tonight and the trick is to scan and fill one bag and then stop for 5 seconds, you can then put the full bag on the floor and fill the second.

If you put the first bag on the floor without waiting you get told off by the computer and the man has to womble over with the magic card to get you out of trouble.

Apparently, they have made space for a new bakery, which will be where the old customer service place was at the bottom of the escalator.

Oh, and they don't keep beer in the fridge any more - booooo.
Thursday 7 February 2013 8.10pm
see this article on guardian.co.uk
not only a new bakery but a coffee shop as well by 11 march!

'Tesco to open Harris + Hoole 'artisan' coffee shop in flagship store'
Supermarket secures planning permission to install branch of independent-style coffee shop chain in London 'concept store'
Rupert Neate
The Guardian, Tuesday 5 February 2013

go to the tesco comment site or write them to note any problem/change you want to highlight.
the suits are watching this store very, very closely!
if you write them, you may change the way they do things nationally
Zoe
Thursday 7 February 2013 8.16pm
I wish they would watch the Tesco's on OKR very closely, as surely no normal human being would want one of their shops run like that.

I am not at all happy about the new tills, I don't want to wait 5 seconds and put my bag on the floor and having to get a person in twice during one self service use is just too much. I actually went to M&S instead, which isn't like me.
Thursday 7 February 2013 8.20pm
I feel your pain Zoe. I had 2 bags worth and some beer tonight.

It took the man with the magic card 3 visits to my mini-till before I could cough up my cash.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: