Mosaic Wall planning permission

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 8 February 2013 2.20pm
I've been offered funding to create a decorative mosaic/painting treatment on a long wall at Meadow Row SE1. If it goes ahead some of it will be undertaken as a series of free community skills workshops. In order to get this project underway I need planning permission, and written permission from the council as they are the landowners, but it's proving tricky as i'm applying on behalf of a TRA rather than for myself

Does anyone have any experience of obtaining planning permission for a project and/or any idea who specifically to contact re. written permission. I've been given a council contact from the funding organisation, but the people he's suggested I approach are not replying to my emails and I need to get the ball rolling on this asap! Would very much appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
Friday 8 February 2013 3.53pm
Are they called Southbank Mosaics? The people who did the fountain outside the Garden Museum, and also some Blake-related stuff down Hercules Rd? They have done some projects which sound similar to what you're proposing, and may have faced the same challenges, perhaps?

They have a website (IIRC, they used to be based in the church at the north side of Waterloo roundabout), and "Mosaics" is definitely part of their name.

(Or - along similar lines - might BOST be of some help?)

Good luck.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 8 February 2013 4.15pm
Ivanhoe wrote:

(Or - along similar lines - might BOST be of some help?)

Good luck.

Was going to suggest same - Bankside Open Spaces Trust
Saturday 9 February 2013 6.21pm
The planning department in Southwark can be a law unto itself. My tenants association wanted to install some cycle lockers and obtained funding from Southark Council. Planners said they would object to any lockers that could be seen from the public highway, so we had to drop some sites and planning permission for the rest took a year or so to obtain.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: