Watch repair

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 10 February 2013 7.38pm
Anyone know a decent watch maker/repairer?
I have a watch which needs a tiny bar part made to fix the bracelet back onto the face, but most places don't really have the skills anymore, so its 'a new strap' which is a few hundred quid. That seems daft, so would like a proper old school watch repairer to have a look. Cheers.
Sunday 10 February 2013 8.14pm
I am a member of a couple of watch forums, and I have not (yet)used them personally, but if you want a place you can visit easily, these guys usually get good recommendations:
Sean McNeill
Alsal Watches
Sunday 10 February 2013 10.52pm
Thanks vm, I will see what they have to say.
Monday 11 February 2013 9.19am
I use SJV on Lower Marsh, Steve is old school, honest and they fix them there so the prices are old school too.

Check this link out from way back,

020 7261 1718

100 Lower Marsh
Monday 11 February 2013 10.56am
I would recommend SDV @ 100 Lower Marsh too, they always give a free quote before going ahead with the repair. All repairs to my watches and clocks have been completed in a week of me giving them the OK. Their rates are reasonable to cheap. Go visit and make up your own mind

Phone = 0207 261 1718
Friday 15 February 2013 11.03am
I can add my name to those who recommend SDV. Picked up my watch this week after having the bracelet shortened and the glass replaced. Great jib and I thought reasonable price too.
Friday 15 February 2013 5.22pm
The place I had put it in with for a quote threw in a full bracelet valet making it a much better deal than they had originally offered, so hopefully that will work out fine. Useful to have this info going forwards though, thanks all.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network