Shard The view PAIN - Promised refund

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 10 February 2013 8.45pm
Hello all, I work in property so excitedly bought tickets for the view at the shard for some work colleagues and I, before the free ones for locals became available. I then couldn't make the date so wrote to the view at the shard about a month ago - if not longer actually, to ask if I could swap them for another date, I got an immediate response saying yes, but I would need to buy new tickets first before they refunded the old ones. I did this, and my emails have been ignored since! That was three weeks ago. I have written three times and called them. I have now spent 150 on 3 shard tickets x 2 and the original attendance date passed over a week ago! I am really quite skint at the moment and don't know what else I can do. When I spoke to them on the phone they just said they were really busy. Has anyone else had this problem??? Or got any advice? I am now kicking myself that I paid so much money to go up the building in the first place.
Monday 11 February 2013 9.59am
Do they have a reception desk or anything at the building? You should try to speak to someone in person.
Monday 11 February 2013 11.16am
Print out your reply and take it with you. Also your 3 subsequent, unanswred emails, with the dates. Ask to speak to the Box Office Manager - you will have to explain it to the security people at the entrance.

Good luck.
Monday 11 February 2013 1.49pm
Had a similar experience, and while they took a while to get back to me, were very helpful.

If you have no luck, the office is based on Bermonsey St (strangely)....

View from the Shard
40 Bermondsey Street, London SE1 3UD
44 (0) 844 499 7111
Tuesday 12 February 2013 9.57am
thanks helpful se1-ers I will try all of these things. Luckily I live near by!
Wednesday 13 February 2013 8.05pm
Save yourself some money and book into Vertigo 42 in the Tower 42. For the same price 3 of you get a very similar view and a bottle of champagne with change in your pocket ......
Monday 18 February 2013 4.26pm
I got a refund there. The staff on the box office were quite embarressed. Having visited now, i highly recommend doing it and visiting. It is pricey but the experience is slick and to not give much more away, i feel worth it....was fun. Recommend mid morning once the haze has cleared or night time

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: