Garden clearance

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
HTW
Monday 11 February 2013 1.17pm
I'm trying to find a local company who would be able to clear our garden. We've had some work done on our house and next on the list is tackling the mess in the garden. We need some rubble cleared, some crazy paving taken out, old shed dismantled and then a new bed made and the ground levelled ready for some turf. Can anyone recommend someone who does this sort of work? I've searched through old threads and not found much up to date info and also I mostly found recommendations for gardeners to maintain gardens...Any help much appreciated!
Thanks
Monday 11 February 2013 5.26pm
Whoever you get, please make sure they are reputable. A friend of mine paid someone to clear rubble from his garden and two days later he was walking down a neighbouring street and he recognised his rubble; it had been dumped on a bit of waste land. If you are intending to get a skip, you could approach some of the people that hang around B&Q (see earlier thread), I don't think this work would be beneath them. Once it is clear, you are more likely to get a gardener to do the 'landscaping'.
Wednesday 13 February 2013 10.51am
I would have thought the council could do it for a fee or maybe point you in the right direction

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: